iTunes Match

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by thedeejay, Dec 3, 2013.

1. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

Not sure how many are experiencing this but how would I get iTunes Match to Re-Match some of my songs? It's a PITA that some of my songs are "uploaded" even though they have copies of the exact song in iTunes. Also, if I have an album of 9 songs for example, it'll match 8 and 1 will be uploaded. What gives? :mad:

2. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Everyone is experiencing this.
    No solution yet.

3. irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

Find the song that is uploaded in the iTunes Store, compare the track details especially runtime. Tweak your tracks runtime (normally cropping up to 1s off is all that is needed). Then remove the uploaded one from match and re-run the library check. This time it should match the track.

Now remove that track from your library and download the matched track. Done.

4. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I have had about 30% success doing this^, but it beats just waiting for Apple to fix it.

5. thedeejay thread starter macrumors 65816

thedeejay

Thanks. I'm gonna give that a try. But I mean why would they make us go through the hassle as opposed to just fixing it. Know what I mean? It's been out for so long they should ATLEAST do something about the bugs.

6. irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

You would think that they could at least pop up a dialogue box which said something like 'track 10 looks like it is from xx album but is slightly different, click match to replace it with the matched track or upload to keep your version'

7. thedeejay thread starter macrumors 65816

thedeejay

Are there any other factors that determine the "Match" status? I tried it yesterday for a newly downloaded song and it still uploaded it. The iTunes version was 3.56 whereas the downloaded was 3.58, so I cropped it to 3.56 from the end, and ensured it was named properly as per iTunes titles, album name etc. yet it STILL uploaded:mad:

8. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I gave up on iTunes match because Apple couldn't seem to stop randomly replacing my uncensored songs with the censored versions. I don't have a lot of them, but if I'm used to hearing the singer drop the f-bomb in the middle of a song and instead I just hear nothing or a beep, it's really annoying.

9. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Wouldn't be a problem if you had better taste in music.

----------

Sometimes running them back through iTunes encoder helps.

I just leave them. Matched vs. Uploaded is just an OCD thing. In the end, it works the same from my iPhone end when I'm on the go.

10. abshole765 macrumors 6502a

Lol.

iTunes Match is a yearly waste of money. Especially since it doesn't even allow you to play EVERY SINGLE song in your library.

11. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

:rolleyes:

I prefer to hear the music as the artist intended it, unedited. Not sure how that says anything about my taste in music.

iTunes Match is supposed to MATCH your music with the same songs on their servers. Not substitute them for edited versions of songs whenever it feels like it.

12. CEmajr macrumors 601

I agree. Some of my songs it just outright refuses to play no matter what. It will just skip them for no reason. This was my first year paying for it and it will also be my last.

13. abshole765 macrumors 6502a

Buy the Plex App. Get all your music & videos.

14. BornAgainApple macrumors 6502a

BornAgainApple

I gave up on iTunes Match and asked for/received a refund from Apple. My main problem was a LOT of CD's in my library that were supposedly uploaded to iTunes Match servers were grayed out on my iPhone. I'm guessing the iTunes store only has remastered versions of my CD's and won't allow those remastered versions to be downloaded to my iDevices. I could give a **** less about the remastered versions, I just want my music available when I want it.

15. thedeejay thread starter macrumors 65816

thedeejay

I'm thinking about it too. iTunes Match is a convenience but in some cases quite frustrating. I got an album as a gift from my work Xmas party. Out of the 17 songs only 6/7 were matched. What the heck, are you joking? It's from a damn album which is also sold digitally. How can it not be matched. Eh whatever. Screw it. /end rant.

16. MetalLord macrumors newbie

MetalLord

not an easy fix

when you have thousands of potential tracks with this problem-not so easy.

----------

That's not good.
    I have a lot of Metal in Itunes.

sigh

17. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I have issues, but never seen this before. So it was your copy uploaded and now you can't download it to an iDevice?

One thing I hate is when the whole cd is matched but 1 song and that gets uploaded.

The album art gets me too, I fixed a lot so far and it seems like it's the ones that have issues are the ones I asked iTunes to get the art work for me. The ones I added myself I haven't seen any issues. I hope the fact they just launched it in other countries means they are working on improving it also.

18. BornAgainApple macrumors 6502a

BornAgainApple

Exactly. Example: I'm a HUGE Rush fan, got all their CD's in my Mac iTunes library, as well as many other artists. Subscribed to iTunes Match because I'm trying to free up space on my SSD (I keep the library backed up to an external drive) as well as my iPhone. So iTunes Match does its thing uploading album and track info. Everything is hunky dory until I enable iTunes Match on the iPhone. All of a sudden most of my entire iPhone library has a cloud next to them. Fine right? No. Almost every album in my collection is grayed out. Why? Because Apple only has the remastered albums on their iTunes Match servers and won't let you download those songs unless you're willing to pay. So I go to sync my iPhone with my Mac iTunes library, except iTunes says "you must disable iTunes Match on your iPhone to sync with this library". Kinda defeats the purpose, yes? Bye Bye iTunes Match.

19. thedeejay thread starter macrumors 65816

thedeejay

Why does it do that? Maybe you should talk to iTunes support because it says if it doesn't "Match" it it'll "upload" the song to the device. There should be no reason they should prohibit you from listening to the songs. Especially the ones you own.

20. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I'm wondering that too. I have a bunch of old Styx CDs and I looked at iTunes and they have the remastered stuff and I'm able to download my copies with no problem. They didn't match so my copies were uploaded and I can download them.

21. BornAgainApple macrumors 6502a

BornAgainApple

All I can tell you is that in my Mac iTunes library, almost every song and album from RUSH (and most other old CD's) had a cloud next to it. I looked up the icon here http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4124?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US and it said it's in a "waiting" status. Well, I'd been waiting almost a week. So while I was waiting, those songs and albums were not available to me on the iPhone. RUSH is like caffeine to me: I need it in the morning to get me going. The boys can still bring it. Fortunately, their last two albums were available for download, but that's because they weren't remastered. But that's all I was able to listen to. Since I turned off iTunes Match, I've been able to sync the iPhone with my Mac library and all is well again. Apple did agree to the refund though, so I'm happy I'm not out any money. I'll give it another try when I know these kind of issues have been resolved.

Edit: I will also say that I performed the "Update iTunes Match" at least a dozen times and it would always complete with no errors.

22. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

So now long have you had Match? I know when I 1st uploaded mine I had some issues. It locked up a few times and I just clicked under (I think) iTunes Store and update Match.
    When I got a new cd and updated Match, it would show the songs grayed out on my iPhone until it was done.

23. BornAgainApple macrumors 6502a

BornAgainApple

I had it a week. I know it takes time to upload, but a week? And like I said, every time I used the "update iTunes Match" command, it would always finish with no errors.

24. thedeejay thread starter macrumors 65816

thedeejay

I had that for 3 days initially when I signed up. Have you tried the basics? Log out of iTunes. Log in, enable iTunes Match again and let it begin? Sounds silly but it worked for me.

25. BornAgainApple macrumors 6502a

BornAgainApple

Are you referring to the Mac or iPhone or both? But no, I had not tried that.