iTunes Music Organization Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pbean1087, Nov 9, 2011.

1. pbean1087 macrumors newbie

I am having problems with the organization of some of my artists/albums on my iPhone. For example, when i go to music>artists>'Disturbed,' it only displays 5 of the 7 'Disturbed' albums that I have on my iPhone/iTunes Library. In order for me to find the other 2 'Disturbed' albums I have to go to the albums tab and search through the 200 or so albums that I have in my Library.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. johnhw macrumors 6502

Some albums may probably not have the complete metadata information. I suppose you could buy Tagalicious (In the Mac App Store) and have to information fixed. Unless you bought them from iTunes then there is probably some problem with iTunes itself.

3. pbean1087 thread starter macrumors newbie

The music I am having problems with is some of the stuff that I ripped off my iPod (lost a hard drive in my old laptop). My only music back up was my iPod unfortunately. Is there something to do with the actual location that the files are in on the hard drive of the computer? I have noticed that some of the were transferred to the location where the "iTunes Library" is, and some of it is still in the location that I copied the iPod to.

4. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Select the other albums, press "Info". What does it say who is the artist? If the information is wrong, type in the correct one.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

iTunes uses 4 tags to make albums sort together. Make sure you have matching data for all tracks of the album in the following fields:
    • Album
    • Album Artist
    • Sort Album
    • Sort Album Artist