itunes no longer allowing copy of cover art?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cali shot doc, Dec 4, 2011.

1. cali shot doc macrumors member

A few months ago i did some much need spring cleaning of iTunes and finally got album art to the songs i had imported and apple could't find. I was going accros my xmas music and saw that a couple songs still don't have cover art. I use to just select a different song from the album and go to the lower left corner (where album art is shown) and just click on it and copy and paste it. NOw it won't let me....anyone know anything about this? Why did apple take that feature out cause i used it a lot lol

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Sounds like your disk permissions need fixing. Run Diskutil

3. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

This seems rather annoyingly to be gone. Go to www.apple.com/feedback to complain.

Meanwhile, go to iTunes, click on the Album Art to show it in a window, Right Click + Actual Size to show it in the original side, then Command-Control-Shift-4 + press space bar to copy a screen shot of that window.

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

5. ShinyDren macrumors member

ShinyDren

I never knew you used to be able to do it that quick way.
    Always did it [the longer way] by doing a Get Info on the songs and going to the Artwork tab. Then clicking on the image wanted and using the keyboard shortcuts for copy and paste (which still works for me).

6. phairphan macrumors 6502a

phairphan

Yeah, Apple annoyingly changed/broke this in 10.5. You also used to be able to drag and drop artwork from that window to your desktop or other folder as a jpg. They also managed to screw up slightly the dragging of images to the artwork thumbnail for the Get Info of an album or other selection of multiple songs. As ShinyDren said, you can still do this from the Get Info - Artwork tab. In the meantime, use gnasher729's link to tell Apple how annoying this new behavior is.