Itunes not cooperating with new iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by droosion, Oct 6, 2009.

1. droosion macrumors newbie

My iPhone 2G finally died for good today so I had to go to ATT and pickup my new 3GS.

I got home and plugged my new phone into my computer hoping to restore all my contacts and pictures from my old phone into the new one but when iTunes launches I get this message "iTunes was unable to load data class information from sync services. Please reconnect or try again later."

The screen is just vacant or sometimes black where the iPhone options usually are. I have the most up to date version of iTunes (I've downloaded and repaired iTunes twice tonight) and a pop up did come up that updated my phone's software to 3.1 but it is still not letting me reach any options to run the restore. When I looked on Apple's support site it recommends removing some programs that I don't have on my computer. Anyone else run into this or know away around it? Thanks for your help!

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

What computer type are you using? A Mac or PC?

3. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

mine always says "iTunes was unable to load data..." but it still works. instead of trying the support site, call Apple personally because they can tell you steps to try that the website doesn't. that's always the first thing I do when my phone has a problem

EDIT: mine is a PC too

4. droosion thread starter macrumors newbie

A PC. *hangs head*

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Vista or Win 7?

6. droosion thread starter macrumors newbie

7. nippyjun macrumors 65816

8. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

iTunes checks with Apple servers to do anything to the 3GS. So, you might want to make an exception in your firewall settings to allow iTunes connectivity.