iTunes not restoring iPhone!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by is300guy, Jan 17, 2011.

1. is300guy macrumors regular

"Posted this up in the Macbook Pro forums but they said it be best to post here." Hey guys, I have a mid 2009 MacBook Pro with the current iTunes 10.1.1. I tried restoring my iPhone multiple times and each time I do, it stays stuck half way at the Apple logo with the status bar indicating it was about 50-60% done. I left it over night to restore and still, it remained the same. I tried a different route and used my girlfriend's PC and it worked like a charm. WTH is going on with my MacBook Pro? I have the base MacBook Pro: 2.26 Ghz, 4 gigs of ram, and 500 GB HD. I have tried a hard restart and still have no luck....

2. Nino3G macrumors newbie

Nino3G

Hello,

i had exactly the same problem! have you ever changed the IP adress from the apple iPhone update server IP to saurik's IP adress? i thin that was my problem. I got rid of it by deleting everything of my mac, and reinstall everything (i had a time machine backup). but i hope there is another way to do this :p

3. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

4. is300guy thread starter macrumors regular

Deleting everything?! That sounds very long and grueling....

Yes, I do have WiFi sync installed, should I delete it?

5. is300guy thread starter macrumors regular

Turning off WiFi sync did the trick. Thanks!

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Have you checked for the latest updates on everything in your Mac? Also, have you tried different USB ports? Have you tried rebooting and trying again?