iTunes Randomly Deleting songs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by M3G4, Aug 22, 2008.

1. M3G4 macrumors regular

Hey all

Recently I've been having issues with iTunes seemingly randomly deleting files from the Library - one day I'll be playing them, the next time iTunes won't be able to find the file when asked to play it. Is this a common issue or do I need to take a hammer to my devilspawn iMac?

2. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Any cats, rabbits, little children, stupid boyfriends/girlfriends etc. who like to play with the backspace button, and always click on Ok whatever dialog pops up?

3. colcass macrumors member

mine is doing this too,

the one that majorley annoys me and i need help fixing is this

i am about to list my iPod touch on ebay as i have bought and iphone
    i have about 80 episodes of video podcast on my ipod touch, but on the iMac is has an ! next to about 50 of them, and when you try to play them it says they cannot be found
    so, as they are no longer in my iTunes library i cannot sync them all onto my iPhone.
    The podcast (Izzy Video) back catalog is now only available to paying subscribers so if i cant get them onto my iTunes library, they are gone.

any one help?

4. gcampb2 macrumors newbie

are you moving the file? cuz i know if you download a file on your desktop, play it, then move the file to another folder and try to play it itunes will say that it can't find it.

5. colcass macrumors member

i think the problem started moving my library from the laptop to the iMac
    but, the files are on the iPod and so they should just sync should they not

6. colcass macrumors member

also, the iCal on my iMac still shows meetings which i have deleted on my iPhone even after it has been synced?

7. M3G4 thread starter macrumors regular

No... the computer is locked and set to sleep when I'm not around and I'm the only user.

All the files are stored inside the iTunes music folder - not the desktop.