iTunes Store Down

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by superleccy, Sep 11, 2007.

1. superleccy macrumors 6502a

superleccy

I bought a couple of songs today from the iTunes Music Store (UK), but it wouldn't let me download them. When I go into my account, it says I have two pending downloads. But, when I hit "Download Now", I get an error message (see attached).

Is it just me, or is the ITMS buggered? It's been like this all day. Perhaps the ringtones thing broke it somehow (even though I'm in the UK).

Anyone else?
    SL

Attached Files:

2. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

My guess would be that since they are updating the ringtones for us yanks its probably slowing things down. Sorry mate.

3. MacBiscuit macrumors member

Yes - doing this for me too on the UK store. Don't even have an iphone ;-)

I've got 17 tracks waiting...

4. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I don't know about buying from the Store (I can't afford anything :p ), but I've noticed that there doesn't appear to be a free download today.

Boo! :(

5. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

the most reasonable suggestion is that you follow the advice of the pop-up message and wait until later. i would say that if you still can't download after 24 hours since you clicked "Buy", send Apple a message.

6. superleccy thread starter macrumors 6502a

superleccy

Normally I'd agree. But 24 hours since I clicked "buy" , I'll be on a long haul flight wishing I'd had some new tunes to listen to. :)

SL

7. MacBiscuit macrumors member

I'm starting to wonder if

a) Only two of us have this problem

or

b) Only two of us actually bought any music from the UK iTunes store yesterday.

If its b) may be time to sell the Apple shares... ;)

8. Cheesecake macrumors member

I wasn't having a problem with a shop at all earlier toady, but when I went to go podcast searching it said the store was down. Strange.

9. macleod199 macrumors 6502

I've been having the same problem in Canada the last two nights. Although they sent me a receipt just fine. :cool:

10. MacBiscuit macrumors member

Interestingly the apple support forum I linked to above is now also down. Wonder if that is a coincidence.

It's unclear how many people this affects (not too many on this forum it seems...) but its a pretty poor response from Apple. We've been charged for tracks we cannot receive, so far noone has received any acknowledgement from Apple that a problem exists - we're all being sent generic troubleshooting advice for our own machines... :mad:

11. macleod199 macrumors 6502

Judging from the responses on that forum, the problem seems to be only with tracks purchased within a certain window of time. New purchases seem to be going through fine for most people... may be why less people are reporting it. Doh.

12. MacBiscuit macrumors member

Yes - and given that most people are getting to the point where they've waited 24 hours or so for the problem to go away, more disgruntled customers are starting to come out of the woodwork now.

Puts me off using the iTunes store again though. Great when it works, but now I'm £15 down with no music and no obvious way to get a solution, I'll go back to buying the CDs...

13. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

iTunes Store "Not Available". What's Up?

Anyone else getting this? :confused:

Picture 2.jpg

14. ~J~ macrumors 6502

Yup... my buddy and I are both getting it. He emailed Apple and they said "We strongly encourage you to try it again"... genius. If it doesnt work by tomorrow, I am calling Apple support.

15. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

16. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

US store just loaded fine for me, as did the UK store.

17. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

The Store itself loads fine - you can see it in the background of my screenshot - but when I click on "Buy" in my "Shopping Cart", that's the message I get. I've even been invoiced for the songs.

18. ozthegweat macrumors regular

Same problem here with Swiss iTS and one song. I successfully bought and downloaded another song meanwhile.

There are already two huge threads in the Apple Discussion forums.

19. daver11 macrumors regular

iTunes: Unable to Check for Purchases

I bought a new song on iTunes last night that I want to use as a ringtone. I bought the song as I always do, but it never downloaded. I received my reciept via e-mail, so I know the purchase went through. When I select Store:Check for Purchases... I get an error message (see below).

Since I haven't read anything about iTunes being down, I'm thinking its my problem, not iTunes. I tried deauthorizing and reuthorizing my Mac - no luck. :confused:

[​IMG]

20. daver11 macrumors regular

As long as it's not just me. I'll just wait some more. Thanks.

21. bobbleheadbob macrumors 6502a

bobbleheadbob

I've been getting the same error message since yesterday morning. I e-mailed Apple support, but no reply yet. :(

22. MacBiscuit macrumors member

We've all got the same issue. There are several threads on apple support, and one on ilounge. It's global, seemingly intermittent and has nothing to do with your machine or connection despite what Apple support may say.

The only info I've been able to find is it only seemed to affect orders using the shopping cart method. One click purchases seem to be OK. Also most reports seem to indicate that new purchases are now fine, its just certain orders from 11th and 12th stuck in limbo...

23. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I'm happy to report no problem with downloading latest released episode of a previously purchased TV series. I didn't click in the email notice's link to get it, just went and signed into the store and did a Check for Purchases. btw i have not yet upgraded to iTunes 7.4 -- I had just backed up one of my machines and was thinking to de-auth it from iTunes in prep for that upgrade, too, when I bumped into this thread and decided to wait awhile longer...

24. alric macrumors member

I am having the problem as well. Great. I am waiting for a whole say anything album..