Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abc123

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2004
aussie_geek said:
You mentioned there is a recording of the conversation that Russell Crowe had about the ITMS. Do you have the url for it?

aussie_geek
the clip is hosted on someone's personal webspace, i'm not so sure about posting over here without his permission.
you can download the whole interview from here: http://www.johnlaws.com.au/sound_JL/CROWE.mp3
it is about 25MB i think

silvergunuk

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2003
England
I think he must have accidently let it slip out of rage during a bust up between him and a group of Apple journalists.

Anyone got his phone number by any chance? we can quiz him on when Apple will release G5 Powerbooks.

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
How Russell Crowe discovered this...

Josh396 said:
I would just like to know how Russell Crowe would have any inside information.
I've got it all figured out. He came in punchin' Apple execs left and right lookin' for Tugger's medication, not realizing Tugger takes no medicine and he was in Apple headquarters. At this point, Russell notices some pills on desk, which he spills onto this classified documents. After reading the information, he scoops up as many advils as he can and runs to the nearest computer, where he struggles to type in English to Mac Rumors the following email:

"DeEr Misster MaC rumours>
RusseLL CrowE dun FounDed out NeW Itunes storss! THEy R SweedIsH, Gurman, DenmRk, and = Switzzenfligen. IF yoo d0nT lik dis, I wiL FITe Yoo!" [discovered to be Switzerland after a brief look at a globe]

And this is how Russell Crowe discovered the insider information, Josh396.

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
rockthecasbah said:
I've got it all figured out. He came in punchin' Apple execs left and right lookin' for Tugger's medication, not realizing Tugger takes no medicine and he was in Apple headquarters. At this point, Russell notices some pills on desk, which he spills onto this classified documents. After reading the information, he scoops up as many advils as he can and runs to the nearest computer, where he struggles to type in English to Mac Rumors the following email:

"DeEr Misster MaC rumours>
RusseLL CrowE dun FounDed out NeW Itunes storss! THEy R SweedIsH, Gurman, DenmRk, and = Switzzenfligen. IF yoo d0nT lik dis, I wiL FITe Yoo!" [discovered to be Switzerland after a brief look at a globe]

And this is how Russell Crowe discovered the insider information, Josh396.

Sounds about right. I remember when that aligations where made and then all the skit shows would make fun of it.

Back on topic $1.80 is steep Condiering an album costs $20 buks, $19 for me, with staff discount.

abc123

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2004
DeSnousa said:
Sounds about right. I remember when that aligations where made and then all the skit shows would make fun of it.

Back on topic $1.80 is steep Condiering an album costs $20 buks, $19 for me, with staff discount.
do artists still release singles on cd and if they do how much do those cost?
i see myself using the itms when i like a song/few songs but not the band. i don't want to spend $20 on the cd but wouldn't mind buying one or two tracks.

Dahl

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2002
L.A.
abc123 said:
i see myself using the itms when i like a song/few songs but not the band. i don't want to spend $20 on the cd but wouldn't mind buying one or two tracks.
There are many singles in the US iTunes store, but they are also easy to have in stock. Many times they can just handpick a track and "make" it a single. But sometimes there are some nice "B sides".

The tracks are 99 cent each in the USA.

weirdocultguy

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2005
Australian iPod giveaway is kicking off...

Last month I got a bottle of Solo that has a sms competition to win an ipod mini. They are giving away 1 every half hour. The competition started today - 25/04/05 (strange considering it's Anzac day...). I'm guessing it could be a good indicator of the iTunes store considering the timing!

I have not seen any other labels around for it and I'm not sure why i got it so long before the competition started. What I find really strange is that it's a cabury-shweppes bottle but it directs you to http://www.pepsi.com.au for the full conditions. Do shweppes make pepsi in Australia?

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
Yes what does Russell Crowe have to do with iTMS?? I mean I know he's australian but that's like saying "According to Don Cherry the new Apple store in Toronto will open tommorow"

abc123

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2004
dornoforpyros said:
Yes what does Russell Crowe have to do with iTMS?? I mean I know he's australian but that's like saying "According to Don Cherry the new Apple store in Toronto will open tommorow"
he is releasing his solo "musical" work on itms in australia from what i can gather.

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
abc123 said:

Thats a good point it ranges from $3-4 a single. Im just the type of person who perfers albums.

aussiemac86

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2004
the land of OZ
dornoforpyros said:

....hes a kiwi, he lives in Aus now, but he's a kiwi.

ZLurker

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2005
Sweden
First time posting, long time lurker

This is the kind of news I needed to crawl out of my cave.
I have been watching this forum for two years, bought my first mac a year ago.
Hope its true though, i havn't bought a new album since i bought my first mac almost a year ago.

/ZLurker

Alasta

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2005
Wellington, New Zealand
It's interesting that itunes.co.nz is still registered to a private individual in Dunedin, but I guess this needn't necessarily affect the launch of the service in New Zealand, given that it's accessed through iTunes anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.