iTunes sync problem with iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RA19, Dec 2, 2009.

1. RA19 macrumors regular

Hope someone can help please?

My girlfriend just bought an iPhone and set up an iTunes account with password on her home PC. Her son also has an iTunes account on the same home PC (Windows), which he uses with an iTouch. So, the same iTunes is set up with two users and two passwords.

When my g/f goes into the app store on her iPhone to download an app the password request to buy or install the app requires her son's password not the one she set up! :rolleyes:

Anyone know why this happens & have a workaround? (get his password isn't the workaround btw, lol).

Thanks

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Do the following:

Settings => Store => Sign Out.

She can then Sign In with her account.

3. MrBrekke macrumors 6502

MrBrekke

post over is a good solution.

if they have different user account on the win PC:

install iTunes on one account but under installation do not allow it to install for all users.
    do the same for the other account on the win PC.

4. RA19 thread starter macrumors regular

She's not always by the PC when she wants to buy an app. If she's away from home, for example, and her son has signed in to iTunes it will ask for his password on her iPhone I guess?

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

When you buy something it will always ask for your password. That is regardless to who makes the purchase or where (PC or iPhone)

6. RA19 thread starter macrumors regular

the iTunes installation is already done - should she delete her account and re-install? not quite sure I understood your suggestion - sorry, it's late & I'm being stupid, lol.

7. MrBrekke macrumors 6502

MrBrekke

thats fine mate. lets just say it is late. there is no stupid questions only stupid answers. :)

i now guess that they have their own user accounts.
    you would need to remove itunes from control panel administrator privileges.

ten install it again on both accounts but remember to tick the box for "install only for this user"

then you will have to independent installations of iTunes and they will not need to log out after using iTunes.

as a temporary solution the log out function is a good thing. but in the long run i would advice having separate iTunes installations.

if you need it just PM me and i can make you a quick guide on how to do this.

8. RA19 thread starter macrumors regular

yes of course - the penny's dropped! settings>>store>>sign out & then sign in with her account, d'oh!!!!!
    thanks
    :D

9. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Lol, in the iPhone. :D:D:D sorry didn't mention that.

10. MrBrekke macrumors 6502

MrBrekke

ohhh so it was on the iPhone itself it asked. lol did not catch that... my bad. late here now. hehe :p