itunes update? but this is SEXY

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rph105, Nov 5, 2007.

1. rph105 macrumors 6502

rph105

dragged some songs from itunes to the desktop and now the album art appears for the song

Attached Files:

2. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Yeah I noticed this the other day, I can't decide whether or not I like it. I suppose it's useful if you manage your files manually, but I always liked how the icons let you know which program would open the file. Technically shouldn't be an issue anyway because iTunes will be opening all my music, but I guess old habits die hard.

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I have QT open up all my files as I don't want iTunes copying them. And I never venture into the music library so it is sort of a waste but it is nice.

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I just got Leopard at work. I'll have to look into this.

Stupid LDAP! ARGH!!!

5. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Leopard was doing this before the iTunes update.

6. snverhallen macrumors 6502a

Hmmm, doesn't work for me just appears with the MPEG 4 symbol. In iTunes my format is AAC.

snverhallen

7. billabong macrumors 6502

I think this was a leopard update not a iTunes one... If you like that then use "Quick Look" here is what you get. The song plays without opening iTunes right away like this...

[​IMG]

8. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Its the same with videos too, I think its beautiful, but irritating when there is a mix-match between audio and video, or files with and without previews. This really started with the preview of Delicious Library 2 in my mind, where they showed the books/films/cds showing as previews in Finder.

9. snverhallen macrumors 6502a

This is weird. When I drag a song from iTunes no album art just the MEPG 4 symbol; but when I browse to iTunes Library in Music then I get the album art. Strange. But... I just realized when I duplicate the song from the iTunes Library in Music then I don't get the album art again. Strange again. Seems only originals get the album art.

snverhallen

10. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Yeah doesn't work for me either, but I am still using iTunes 7.4 (under Leopard).

11. billabong macrumors 6502

Think it only works when artwork is embedded into the file. Not all the Mp3's have the artwork embedded into them.

12. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Great, iTunes doesn't do that anymore does it?

13. snverhallen macrumors 6502a

OK, just installed iTunes 7.5 now dragging out of iTunes and iTunes Music Folder under Music results in album art.

snverhallen

14. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

15. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

This may or may not be, but I do think it's an iTunes 7.5 feature. I'm thinking they must have included a QuickLook plugin with iTunes 7.5 so that QuickLook can view album art embedded in a file. It definitely didn't work for me before 7.5. After updating, even a couple files that were already on my Desktop are showing artwork icons.

16. firesong macrumors member

I've noticed the album art showing as the file icon since the first day installing and using Leopard. Was commenting to my sis it was a nice touch.

The feature came with Leopard, not merely with iTunes 7.5.

17. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

ya, they do, just go into get info and attach the file there and the file itself will be tagged.

18. Fuchal macrumors 68020

This happens if "show icon previews" is turned on in Finder's folder options.

19. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I thought iTunes had a separate directory for album art now and didn't embed it.

20. snverhallen macrumors 6502a

Now the Album Art seems to be a hit and miss. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Anyone else having similar results?

snverhallen

21. snverhallen macrumors 6502a

That's odd because I only got the feature with iTunes 7.5? It seem's like everyones Leopard has a mind of it's own, in terms of all the different results people are getting!

snverhallen

22. firesong macrumors member

OMG.. It's alive! :eek:

23. snverhallen macrumors 6502a

24. snverhallen macrumors 6502a

I really can find no pattern, in this mystery lol. The thing that confuses me most is that all the album art work shows as a preview when I got to my Music folder. AHHHHH, this is rather frustrating and confusing.

snverhallen

25. snverhallen macrumors 6502a

I am now sure this is a bug. For example when I travel to my music folder and locate a song. It has the album art as a preview. Then when I duplicate it to my desktop it doesn't have the album art as a preview. In addition, if I manually delete the album art work from iTunes then put it back on MANUALLY it will show album art preview when I drag it from the iTunes window to the Desktop.

snverhallen