Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

magentawave

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
iTunes will NOT let me subscribe to new podcasts. (See images below.) This has been going on for about a month so it's obviously not a "temporary problem."

Everything else in iTunes works on my Macbook Pro's. Just can't subscribe to new podcasts.

iTunes Version 12.9.5.5

WHAT I'VE DONE SO FAR:

1) In my iTunes account I deauthorized all of my computers and then authorized the MBP15 and the MBP13 again. It shows that my iPad is authorized still.

2) Confirmed that issue is with MBP13 (Big Sur), MBP15 (Catalina) and MBP15 running bootable external HDD (Mojave).

BOTTOM LINE: I can NOT subscribe to any new podcasts on both machines as well as when I use the bootable external drive that's running Mojave.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you!

2.png

3.png

Reactions: gmarziou

Grumpus

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2021
I'm seeing the same problem, but here is a possible workaround. With the page for the podcast of interest displayed in the Store tab of iTunes, click the Get button for the first podcast episode in the list to cause that episode to be downloaded. Now click the Library tab in iTunes and find that podcast in the list. Control-click the podcast name and in the pop-up menu select Subscribe Podcast.

magentawave

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
I'm seeing the same problem, but here is a possible workaround. With the page for the podcast of interest displayed in the Store tab of iTunes, click the Get button for the first podcast episode in the list to cause that episode to be downloaded. Now click the Library tab in iTunes and find that podcast in the list. Control-click the podcast name and in the pop-up menu select Subscribe Podcast.
That worked! Brilliant! THANK YOU!

Reactions: Grumpus
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.