Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sandinheart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2022
This has been bothering me since forever. I'm listening on Windows via local network hosted on my Mac (both iTunes 12.9.5 Retroactive, Music app 1.2.5). Windows will skip 99% of the songs at random times, sometimes at 30s, 1m10s etc. The songs played fine locally and when listening on another Mac. Both the host and Windows are connected via ethernet.

Tried different iTunes versions on Windows, 12.1, 12.6, 12.9, 12.10, same behavior. I also tried exporting the iTunes library, and re-import it.

Is there any way to debug this? Did not see any log produced by iTunes in Mac's Console app when the skip happened, but maybe I'm looking at the wrong place. Not sure if it's Windows' fault or Mac's.

Edit:
Observation: crossfade is not triggered when skip happens, only triggers when the song ends. So it looks like someone is randomly pressing "Next track"

Edit:
Installed iTunes on another windows laptop that never installed iTunes. No problem playing there. So it must be the iTunes installation on my PC is corrupted.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.