I've grown sick...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vinay427, Jun 3, 2009.

1. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Hey! So here's the thing. I got the iPhone 3G (8GB) and really loved it at the beginning. Now, 5 months later, it's gotten really boring and there's not much it can really do. I feel that getting the iPhone makes me expect so much more than I get, and that causes boredom. So, now I've been looking at other options. Obviously, the iPhone 3G will be worth more before WWDC, so that gives me a week to make this decision. I don't have any extra money to spend, so what I get will have to stay. Anyway, I've been looking at the E71x but hate the screen and Symbian. Then I looked at the Bold. I really like it, but it's a little too hefty for my taste (and I have the iPhone now! :D). I wish the BB Onyx that will come out later this year would come out now, but unfortunately not. I'm on a family plan right now, so it's not feasible to switch to another carrier, but if I had the choice, I would because that's the main reason I'm thinking of switching. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? If there's any QUICK way of getting out of the ETF. Or is the ETF reduced because I'm just removing one line from a family plan? Or not. :mad: Thanks a lot guys! I'm in a pretty bad state right now. I'm not sure if I should trust :apple: and suffer with AT&T or trust Android/BB/etc. and spend a little extra. Thanks again!

2. taran420 macrumors 6502a

once you leave it, that's when you realize how good you had it

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Basically you just spewed out a bunch of "I hate this" talk and offered nothing by way of why the iPhone is boring to you. Do you suddenly think a Bold or Onyx or even a Storm will be less boring? They all do fairly the same ... applications, internet, phone (loosely), and media. I'm lost on what makes you want a phone that does similar things because apparently you're bored.

How do you get out of ETFs? In your case you don't. If you're bored, pay up.

4. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

quote of the month!

I would like to consider myself as a cell phone whore because last year i sold my first gen iPhone (a while before the 3G came out) and I've been through a Nokia N95, Sony Ericsson K850i, Nokia N82, etc. Now those phones are GREAT phones but damn did I miss my iPhone when a buddy of mine let me play with one again. The touch keyboard, Safari, having an iPod, the screen, etc

then the iPhone 3G came out and I said screw it--I'm getting one on launch day and I haven't turned back since I got it

last year

once you sell it, you'll regret it after a while because the iPhone is a SOLID phone. No doubt about it.

edit: \/\/\/ hey there buddy! doesn't it feel great to have an iPhone again?? haha

5. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

That is EXACTLY what happened to me. I had the EDGE iPhone, sold it after getting bored and got the MotoQ (Windows Mobile 6.1). I then realized how wonderful the iPhone was in comparison. I now have a iPhone 3G.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

What is this "boredem" issue? I'm seriously not following.

7. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

Well it happened to me before. It's like you're so accustomed to everything the iPhone does (camera, apps, music, etc) and it does it well. So you have nothing to 'work' on or complain about. So you get an itch to get a crappier, more problematic phone then you realize how great the iPhone is in comparison to said crappy phone then you're broke the end

8. vinay427 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Yeah, but I'm willing to take the risk. Trust me, it's not a great choic either way. Suffer, or risk more suffering.

Read post #7. Thanks motionblurr!

Yeah, I really don't want to regret it. But I also want to separate from my :apple: obsession.

Well, I wouldn't switch to WinMo! :D That really would be a disaster.

Post #7, again.

That's spot on! Thanks a lot for explaining more clearly! :)

9. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

So what will you do when your new phone gets boring?

10. hcoteen2008 macrumors regular

I got rid of my White iPhone 3G for a Blackberry Bold...wow...what a mistake that was!! I really loved the iPhone. So I sold by Bold and now I have a Black 8GB iPhone 3G.

11. vinay427 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vinay427

I just said that, oh maybe 18,058,482 times! A lower end phone is much less likely to get boring. Read post #7.

Ok, now with all these re-switchers I'm rethinking my "great" idea. I'm just *really* sick of AT&T. Maybe I should have expressed that more clearly in the OP.

If you have any encouraging advice to stay with the iPhone it would be great because I'm really depressed about AT&T. Thanks to everyone so far! :)

12. hcoteen2008 macrumors regular

I personally love at&t. I don't know why everyone else hates them so much. They give me excellent customer service everytime I call and I get great reception. Of course I am currently in Texas for the summer and the past 9 months I lived in Indiana and I still get great service! I even get a 15% discount with them through my school.

13. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

This and it's partly just that you take things for granted after a while. I'd been using a mac for 3 years when my mum announced she wanted an iPod touch. In a fit of touchscreen scepticism I went off to try an iPhone and it was like I remembered in this 15 minute blast everything I like about Apple. It was like when I first got a mac and couldn't shut up about it for a year, you just forget how good you've got it.

14. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

It's just a cell phone. Don't let it get to you. There is more to do on the iPhone than any other phone.

15. milani macrumors 68000

milani

16. taran420 macrumors 6502a

this

17. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Thats a good point. Your cell phone is not supposed to be entertainment its supposed to be an easy to use tool. Not something that you will enjoy struggling with everytime you pull it out of your pocket. (unless you like crosswords on your iPhone)

18. damesJ macrumors member

I'm not understanding the logic in this thread. You're bored because your iphone does everything its supposed too and does it right? And your willing to give that up for a phone that has/causes problems? Yea that makes sense...

19. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

That makes little sense. I mean, why wish for things in your life that are crappy and need repair? It's it supposed to be easier?

20. 1Zach1 macrumors 65816

1Zach1

Maybe that's the point? It's when of those fancy reverse psychology things...

21. teaguecole macrumors member

They need to have a new section in this forum for stupid threads that are absolutely pointless and for the people who just want to attention. You seem like you know what you want, so go do it, and stop complaining. Keep your iPhone and go purchase a life.

22. lignsligns macrumors member

A buddy of mine bought the first 8gb iphone right after it came out, then the screen went out and he sold it to me (for $200, which apple repaired for free :D). He went out and bought a blackberry and ever since he always tells me he regrets it, and he asks to see it again hah. So I agree, if you get rid of it you will probably regret it.

23. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

I think you missed his point, though. Post #7 was pretty tongue-in-cheek and basically was trying to say that the grass isn't greener on the other side of the cellular fence.

24. con500 macrumors regular

OP, I Guess You came to the wrong place for advice on your dilema. The fact you stated you were Bored of your Iphone seems to be sacrolige on these forums :confused:

Its true it is just a cellphone but if the OP is bored and fancys a change, Then so be it Who are we to judge.

I cant understand why people are So Appauled at the notion that anyone would find the iphone boring...I suppose if i think about it my iphone is pretty boring, But so are the other phones ive used. To be honest i realy dont think about my phone that much unless i need to use it ;)

25. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Bored - Oh jeeze

Dude, Its a phone, not a girlfriend. It either meets your needs, or it doesn't.

The iPhone is THE best phone on the market allowing you to do more then any other phone on the market and do it with a highly polished and refined device.

If you're bored with the phone, go buy an android based phone or the PRE. Why come here and wine how the iPhone is boring. :rolleyes: