I've lost my volume bar!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mr.Goodbar, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Mr.Goodbar macrumors member

Mr.Goodbar

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I no longer can find my volume bar anywhere in music or double tapping the home button. Please help me in solving this issue. Thanks.

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Have you tried restarting your iPod touch by holding down the sleep/wake button, then sliding the red slider?

Also, do you see anything in place of the volume slider?

And finally, have you updated to the latest iOS software?

3. Mr.Goodbar thread starter macrumors member

Mr.Goodbar

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I'm on a 1st gen jailbroken iPod running 3.1.3 I've tried powering off as well as restarting springboard. No there is nothing in place of the volume bar it's just gone =/ is there any way I could have accedently done this in the firmware settings? Thanks for all the help.

4. DogEatsDog macrumors newbie

Have you tried ticking the middle of the screen when playing music?

5. Mr.Goodbar thread starter macrumors member

Mr.Goodbar

Yes. It only brings up the top menu where I can choose to change the tracking speed, repeat, shuffle, and the genius playlist.

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

The volume bar only comes up if you have headphones in ... on my first gen at least.

7. jlamb0 macrumors member

Do you have a speaker dock such as an iHome? When connected to an external device with its own volume control, the iPod's volume slider disappears. Sometimes I've found that my iPhone can get confused and think it is still in the dock after I disconnect it. Try plugging in a dock connector a couple of times and see if that helps.

If that isn't it, have you installed anything recently? Maybe there is a jailbroken app causing a conflict.

8. flolee macrumors newbie

had the same problem, the hard-buttons didn't work either... it kinda seemed that the ipod coulnd't "find" the intern speakers anymore.
    however, a reboot has done its job...

9. Mr.Goodbar thread starter macrumors member

Mr.Goodbar

I have had small speakers plugged into the headphone Jack but thanks for the advice! I'll try using some headphones.

10. Mr.Goodbar thread starter macrumors member

Mr.Goodbar

@wordoflife, thank you so much! It turned out that the lack of headphones is the problem. It's all fixed now and I have no problems. :) thanks again.