Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

solusoracle

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2007
MUCH better than before.

However, it is clear to me that you were/are not ready to launch the website. It seems like you are just building and improving as you go along. Whilst you may get there in the end it would be a much better idea to sit back and THOROUGHLY plan out your website.

Content is the main reason why people go to a website and I would ensure that I have a whole host of content ready to go before launching.

adamvk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
MUCH better than before.

However, it is clear to me that you were/are not ready to launch the website. It seems like you are just building and improving as you go along. Whilst you may get there in the end it would be a much better idea to sit back and THOROUGHLY plan out your website.

Content is the main reason why people go to a website and I would ensure that I have a whole host of content ready to go before launching.

Ya, I suppose. However I am going to work on the first "guide" tonight, and I also contacted a very talented photographer from InterfaceLIFT who said he would upload some of his wallpaper. (http://www.philippephotography.com/)

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
The top banner doesn't "pop". In other words I'd most likely click right through the site and not pause one second. I'd re-design that first. Otherwise I dig the clean lines. No clutter, easy to navigate = perfection.

adamvk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
The top banner doesn't "pop". In other words I'd most likely click right through the site and not pause one second. I'd re-design that first. Otherwise I dig the clean lines. No clutter, easy to navigate = perfection.

Ok thanks. I need to redesign the banner anyways since its not compressed and it takes awhile to load.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking I should make the "Camera Focal Point" font larger, and make the slogan more "bold."

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
"The design is much more professional than the prior design, and we feel it was a necessary step to take to move the website to the next level. This new design will be a huge speed improvement, and will have be able to host certain features the old site could not. We are also working on making a mobile version of Camera Focal Point."

Welcome to Camera Focal Point!

The site is new and improved to make navigation and management of photographs easier and faster. If you're interested in bringing your photographs to the next level, please join our forums (hyperlink) and read through the Tips and Guides (hyperlink) section.

adamvk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
"The design is much more professional than the prior design, and we feel it was a necessary step to take to move the website to the next level. This new design will be a huge speed improvement, and will have be able to host certain features the old site could not. We are also working on making a mobile version of Camera Focal Point."

Welcome to Camera Focal Point!

The site is new and improved to make navigation and management of photographs easier and faster. If you're interested in bringing your photographs to the next level, please join our forums (hyperlink) and read through the Tips and Guides (hyperlink) section.

Good advice, I'm gonna bite. Thanks. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.