Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Seibikitei

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2008
Yarmouth, ME
Interesting... I sort of wish I'd known that before ordering the ivyskin. Currently I have the Xylo T3 or whatever it's called for the 3G on order but it hasn't shown up yet. Ordered it on the 13th and it has yet to show up even though I'm only a couple of hours from their location.

Tried calling their 888 number but the only two options, sales and support, both result in a "not availible" from the automated answering system and send me to voicemail (and this is in the middle of the work day). I've left a message but no one has replied at this point. Think I'm going to continue looking for a hard case and potentially cancel my order with ivyskin if the thing doesn't show up by next week or I at least hear from them.

On the off chance it does arrive I'll definitely post a review/impressions.

pyrodex

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I just called them since they are located in Georgia and they said they are still back ordered however you local GA people still can't pick up the cases locally :( If you order it for ground shipping though she said it would be here in a day but of course they are still on back order.

Murphy'sLaw

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2008
West Palm Beach, FL
I emailed ivyskin a few days ago and they told me the xylo t3 and xylo duo for the iPhone3G will be available after July 24. I've been trying to decide between the ivyskin and the naked case as well. I was trying to wait until someone else received theirs and posted a review before making my decision, but I may get impatient and just order the ivyskin because it'll be here sooner.....

macman4291

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2006
I emailed ivyskin a few days ago and they told me the xylo t3 and xylo duo for the iPhone3G will be available after July 24. I've been trying to decide between the ivyskin and the naked case as well. I was trying to wait until someone else received theirs and posted a review before making my decision, but I may get impatient and just order the ivyskin because it'll be here sooner.....

i ordered case-mate, its worth the wait, ivy skin is cheap, not as good

Seibikitei

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2008
Yarmouth, ME
i ordered case-mate, its worth the wait, ivy skin is cheap, not as good

According to the ilounge article linked at the start of the thread they're all the same. Seems like they all come from the same manufacturer they just get rebranded depending on the reseller. Gear4 sells something called the Ice Box in Apple stores in the UK and on the UK Apple online store that looks like the exact same thing as well.

After sending them an email ivyskin replied saying that theirs is backordered until the 25th.

harryhood

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2006
Yeah I ordered mine on the 13th or before too. I still have not gotten mine yet. LAME.

RodneyB

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Interesting... I sort of wish I'd known that before ordering the ivyskin. Currently I have the Xylo T3 or whatever it's called for the 3G on order but it hasn't shown up yet. Ordered it on the 13th and it has yet to show up even though I'm only a couple of hours from their location.

Tried calling their 888 number but the only two options, sales and support, both result in a "not availible" from the automated answering system and send me to voicemail (and this is in the middle of the work day). I've left a message but no one has replied at this point. Think I'm going to continue looking for a hard case and potentially cancel my order with ivyskin if the thing doesn't show up by next week or I at least hear from them.

On the off chance it does arrive I'll definitely post a review/impressions.

Same experience here. I didn't see anything on their site that said it was a preorder before I ordered (or I would have kept shopping).

I ordered on July 14th and I've called several times during normal business hours but always got the "not available" message from their answering system. I left a voicemail today and also emailed today since it's now over a week and my order is still "processing".

EDIT:Got a response to my email today that said:

Xylo T3 and Xylo duo 3G release date has been pushed back to July 28-August 7, 2008

RodneyB

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I got my ivyskin in the mail today and just put my iphone 3g in it. Looks very cool and the touch through works great so far.

Only downside I see at the moment is that with the case on, it doesn't fit in the iphone 3g dock that apple sells.

mrdrd

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2008
Ivy Sinis do not fit all

I have written before to complain of the case not fitting. No response so far. I have spent $ 40. something dollars for a case that does not fit. I now have an I-phone 3-g and it does not fit this either. I would like an answer to my problem. Dr D R Drake:mad:

peanut48

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2006
I got my ivyskin in the mail today and just put my iphone 3g in it. Looks very cool and the touch through works great so far.

Only downside I see at the moment is that with the case on, it doesn't fit in the iphone 3g dock that apple sells.

Hi Rodney

Do you think you could add some pics of the case..I'm considering to get one but I would like to get some firsthand feedback..

Thanks

RodneyB

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Hi Rodney

Do you think you could add some pics of the case..I'm considering to get one but I would like to get some firsthand feedback..

Thanks

Been using it for a few days now, my only gripes are that it doesn't fit on the iphone dock. It does fit on my Sony Alarm Clock Radio dock (ICFC1iPMK2). Without the case, I never got any device errors. With the case, because the connections are probably not as flush, I intermittently get the "this device was not made for iphone errors" with the dock, but they can be easily dismissed and it works fine.

Overall, I feel MUCH better having this case on. The fact that it's a clear case keeps my white iphone looking good and the fact that it's a hardshell case that can cover the screen as well makes me feel better with my fumbly hands :)

The pictures of the just the case were taken with my iphone while waiting in the doctor's office today:

attachment.php

attachment.php

The pictures of the phone in the case were taken with my Canon DSLR :) I had one more photo of the top side of the case, but looks like I can only do 5 attachments per post.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nearside

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2008
The touch through aspect of the case is very clever, but my case doesn't seem to want to stay "closed" which is a bit of a design flaw in an otherwise excellent product. I'll give it a few days before I make any decisions, but if the connectors between front and back remain this tenuous, I'll be returning it.

drcollie

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2008
Take a pass on this for the 3G

I ordered the Ivy Skin and am going to see if I can return it. Waited almost three weeks for it, but its design flaws are numerous.

1) Case does not 'latch' at the top no matter how hard you try to make it fit.

2) The case is too thick. Interferes with cabling.

3) The case has no venting in the back. Your iPhone will get seriously hot on a 30 minute phone call (or gameplay, whatever). Heat and electronics are not a good mix.

4) The touchscreen is not 'pure' that is, you have to press 2x as hard you would if the phone had no screen.

At $ 40, these guys are laughing all the way to the bank. Its a piece of poorly designed acrylic plastic, nothing more.

Pass.

patd

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2008
San Marcos, Ca.
According to the ilounge article linked at the start of the thread they're all the same. Seems like they all come from the same manufacturer they just get rebranded depending on the reseller. Gear4 sells something called the Ice Box in Apple stores in the UK and on the UK Apple online store that looks like the exact same thing as well.

After sending them an email ivyskin replied saying that theirs is backordered until the 25th.

Just what thought too. My case look exactly the same and I bought it off of ebay for half the price, got it in three days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/APPLE-iPHONE-2-...photoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Attachments

• Iphone1 001.jpg
    Iphone1 001.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 119

ariesreservecop

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2008
Ivy Skin XYLO-T3 iPhone case

While the Ivy Skin looks cool, it kept coming off so easily it drove me crazy. The top would not stay snapped shut. The one time I dropped the phone, the case flew apart.

Also, the face of the Ivy Skin is so shiney, that it was very difficult to read my iPhone outdoors. Shows fingerprints something awful, too, and I definitely noticed that the touch screen was less sensitive. I had to bang on the spacebar icon.

On my previous phone I had an InCase rubber case, but dirt easily gets inside and grinds scratches into the phone casing.

I ended up simply putting an Power Support anti-glare film on the glass face of the phone, and going without a case.

Nearside

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2008
Very disappointed

After a couple of weeks of use, the case is quite badly scratched, especially on the cover. It appears to have some stress fractures beginning, and it's just been in a pocket for this time, with nothing else in there along side it.

The case does let a lot of dust and grit in along with it, requiring it to be opened and cleaned - I'd not want the screen to get scratched, which is the entire point of having a case.

I'm very disappointed, to the extent that I'm thinking about contacting the company and sending the case back. Two weeks, and the case looks like I've had it for ten years.

Still... the touch through screen does still work, and is very clever. The contours of the case are nice. That just all makes it even more disappointing.

cmegalodon

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2008
Ivyskin Stinks!

I ordered the 3G T3 case. The first one would not stay shut. Nothing like having my new toy slip out of the top and fall on the floor!

They just sent me a replacement after two weeks and it has a crack in the front cover. They are no longer answering their support phone number or emails.

Maybe they got out of the business. Judging by the quality - they should.

cmegalodon

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2008
I have had two cases from them, both were defective. If you call their support number you only get transferred to voice mail. I tried calling their PR guy whose extension is listed on their website - who is also curiously named Ari - also got voice mail.

I have left repeated emails for them using their support website - also with no answer back.

I do not think the case, at any cost, is worth it if it is cracked and cannot stay closed. To use your iPhone you have to stab at the cover through the case to make it work.

I now use the GRIFFIN Case with a hard plastic shield over the front and it works great. The bottom slips off to dock the phone.

Ivyskin doesn't rock - Ivyskin should have rocks thrown at them for non-existent customer service.

drcollie

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2008
I will say they refunded my money promptly when I returned the case, so they get kudos for that. I think if they were to rework their design they would have a decent product but right now it still has many shortcomings.

cmegalodon

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2008
My advice to readers of this forum is to call their support line before ordering. Actually - you can call their sales line. If they answer the phone great. All of this past week there has been no answer on sales or support.

I finally got a response from support allowing me to return my case for a 15% restocking fee after 18 messages went unanswered.

I agree that this design in concept seems like a great way to protect and use an iPhone. In reality - not so great.

drcollie

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2008
Really, the product is like a prototype that is not quite ready for the mainstream consumer. It's 85% there, and good in concept, but needs all the design flaws corrected in the master mold before it's really useful.

Hellion

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2008
South Florida
Well, I just got the Ivyskin Quattro-4 and it works greats. Screen/glass or wutever the heck they use over the iphones screen is RESPONSIVE just as without the case on. Now I can't wait till they come out with the battery pack that goes on this case after X-mas. Only thing i'm worried about with all these "solid" cases is the heat issue after using them for a while.. IvySkin, CaseMate or whoever...... oh I got mines from Ebay from a link some chap posted either from this forum or another Mac forum. lol

IvySkin Black Quattro T-4 Case <----click to see pics

WCunha

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2007
Well, I just got the Ivyskin Quattro-4 and it works greats. Screen/glass or wutever the heck they use over the iphones screen is RESPONSIVE just as without the case on. Now I can't wait till they come out with the battery pack that goes on this case after X-mas. Only thing i'm worried about with all these "solid" cases is the heat issue after using them for a while.. IvySkin, CaseMate or whoever...... oh I got mines from Ebay from a link some chap posted either from this forum or another Mac forum. lol

Can you post some pics?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.