iWeb 08 updated to version 2.0.1

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by yetanotherdave, Aug 16, 2007.

1. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

It's available in software update now.
    "This update addresses issues with upgrading and publishing iWeb 1.x websites."
    I know I personally had issues with displaying adsense ads with it, hopefully this will fix that. (although I don't use .Mac hosting, don't know what difference that'll make if any)

2. HaroldC macrumors regular

Let's hope that this corrects the issues with using iWeb'08 to edit iWeb'06 files. I'm definitely holding off upgrading until they solve this issue.

3. sminman macrumors member

sminman

Is it actually true that you can make money from Google if the adds you put on your iWeb site gets hits?

Steve Jobs said that you would in his press conference last week.

4. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

That's what Adsense is ;)

5. verniesgarden macrumors 6502a

verniesgarden

yep you pay for a site to not have ads, just to put adds on it... silly google

6. mrp macrumors newbie

I wonder if they have added a way to change the colour of the captions in a slideshow. If you change the background colour to white the captions merge into the background :)

It would also be nice to have some control over the photo displayed on the photo index page.

7. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

I was hoping they added the basic stuff they forgot in the new '08 version.
    I still can't believe you can't do any kind of simple forms in iWeb!!

8. corywoolf macrumors 65816

corywoolf

It doesn't really surprise me, but it would be awesome if they added forms. They have comments, but only through the blog templates.

9. aliquis- macrumors 6502a

Does there exist a good description of iWeb somewhere? Which show of the features? How does the final code look? Is it still mostly a lot of very large images even on text areas and such or is it decent? I guess it helps with putting everything where you see it and also offers OS X superior font rendering but uhm, technically it's very lame :D

10. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

http://www.apple.com/ilife/iweb/

video tutorials too

11. Rozvagyj macrumors newbie

yeah, but you make money off the ones that you put on.

12. justinogarrity macrumors newbie

Easy Forms in iWeb

Try www.wufoo.com for easy form building. You can build amazing forms in minutes. Grab the code and throw it into an HTML Web Widget.

13. offwidafairies macrumors 6502a

offwidafairies

Thats awesome :)

14. offwidafairies macrumors 6502a

offwidafairies

Yeah that really sux. forms would be handy :(

15. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

I didn't realise there was an issue, I updated mine as soon as I got the software installed, no issues directly related to iWeb.

If you wanted, you could make me some cents by clicking on my ads

I think Web Gallery needs some fine tuning by Apple, as there are clearly a lot of things that would be useful to change, making the galleries even more user specific instead of how generic they are now, all looking the same for all 1 million + .Mac members.

I have a few issues with Web Gallery but it's mostly working fine. I hope they add some sort of hit counts to it too. And on hit counts, all my iWeb ones are broken in my control panel on .Mac, so I hope they fix them soon. I'd rather see what the counts are from my login-page, than have to go to each page and see for myself.

16. pardthemonster macrumors newbie

17. EricBrian macrumors 6502a

EricBrian

I also got a AirPort Base Station Update 2007-002:

The AirPort Base Station Update 2007-002 includes general fixes, compatibility updates, and security improvements for the following applications:

- AirPort Utility
    - AirPort Disk Utility
    - AirPort Disk Agent

18. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

Oops. Hard to believe that one passed through QA...:confused:

Is anyone running iLife 08 on a G4? I have a 1.25GHz with 1.25MB and am wondering if the new versions will be tolerable on my hardware or not. I have about 5000 photos from my 6MP camera and when I try to push photos over to iWeb right now, my machine crawls. I'm hoping the new versions may be more efficient. Thank you.

19. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

They look like tables to me, what aren't they doing that they should be ?

Apple releases AirPort base station update 2007-002

I remember iWeb used to crawl on my old PowerBook too (1GHz) and was even a tad slow on my Mac mini (Intel), but the new version loads significantly faster, so I would say you'll notice some optimisation, but probably still have some sluggishness on your system. Upgrade!

20. sananda macrumors 68020

yes, i'm running ilife 08 on an ibook g4 1.33 GHz with 512 MB. imovie 08 will not run on any g4 machine so you will be restricted to the previous imovie. i've only used iweb 08 and iphoto 08 so far and although there have been a number of issues, none of them appear to be related to the G4 which seems quite happy dealing with my photos from my 8MP camera which can be (if processed from the RAW file) 40MB each and sending them to iweb.

21. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

Thanks for the feedback. Only 512MB, yikes!!! :eek: That's not much to be pushing around RAW files from iPhoto to iWeb. I gather that takes some time to do. Que up some photo's and go have a snack or something? :)

Hi Sam!

Thanks for the feedback. I took a look at your website and you've got some great photos! I'm currently shooting a 10D as well. Is that what you still have?

It's good to hear you say you are feeling it load faster. When you say upgrade, are you talking iLife or that and my PowerBook? I'm shooting to get a MBP in January, but I really want to dive into iLife08 now. I'll probably bump up my RAM to 2GB in the PowerBook too. I should get a bit more for it when I sell it next year...

22. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

I have the same PB, same RAM as you, and it works fine for me. I'm not sending so many photos over, but performance is pretty much the same as iWeb 06.

Also, I hope this fixes all the problems i've had updating my older sites with iWeb 08

23. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Thanks, still using a 10D.

I meant upgrade to Intel, as everything will run sweeter then, but I think you should be fine with the new iLife (at least iWeb loads faster for me, and iPhoto too).

I have 2.5GB RAM, but also use 1GB RAM in my Mac mini, so you should be pretty safe.

24. dazzer21 macrumors 6502

Is anyone here using iWeb to publish a site to their own webspace, as opposed to .mac? I've seen a couple of examples where the iWeb pages are *painfully* slow to load compared to the same examples coded in html (apparently iWeb uses different coding methods to keep the super smooth layout properties of the page design). Not sure how this would improve on .mac hosted pages. Adding photo libraries is supposedly a crippling factor as far as loading speed is concerned.

Also, apparently, Apple hobbles certain page functionality UNLESS it is hosted on .mac, counters being one of them.

Anyone got any feedback on this?

25. eme jota ce macrumors regular

iWeb upgrade from '06 to '08 didn't cause any problems with my sites. :apple: