iWork for Mac update?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Silofolous, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Silofolous macrumors member

Does anyone know if an update for iWork for Mac is coming soon? (not like iWork '12, but like the update iWork got when Lion came out)

I ask because, in trying out iCloud, I discovered that iWork still uploads documents to iWork.com beta, and not to iCloud, making one or two extra steps to switch from editing a document on my iPhone to editing it on my Mac.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

3. Silofolous thread starter macrumors member

No, I'm asking for the Mac version of iWork, not the iOS version, which was indeed updated today.

4. simsaladimbamba

Sorry, misread the article, but the day is still young.

5. saberahul macrumors 68040

I was under the impression that iWork '09 will be updated to support iCloud and that the documents I work on will automatically sync to my iPad and iPhone. Guess not? Also, in iCloud under Sys Pref - there is a checkbox for Documents and Data. Any clue what this exactly does right now? Don't say it syncs documents and data... even I know that.

6. shortcrust macrumors 6502

I'm stumped by this too. I can't for the life of me see how iWork works with iCloud as things stand now. Am I missing something?! I feel a bit like my Grandpa struggling to get his video to record....

7. Silofolous thread starter macrumors member

Basically, if you have an iPhone and an iPad, the documents will sync between them.

In addition, any documents you make on iWork for iOS will be available on iCloud.com, which you can then download to iWork 09. However, any changes you make on iWork 09 will not show up on iCloud. You can, however, go to iCloud.com and upload the updated document. I had hoped that they would either fix this outright, or update iWork so that it would upload to iCloud.com rather than iWork.com within the app.

8. Meicyn macrumors regular

Meicyn

I'm guessing iCloud integration with the Mac iWork suite is a work in progress.

9. saberahul macrumors 68040

I would think so too... I thought the entire release would be today. Guess not.