iPad iWorks available free on iPad 4?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Noctilux.95, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Noctilux.95 macrumors 6502

I heard that iWorks would be available for free on all new IOS devices. Does that mean only on iPhone 5C, 5S, and upcoming iPad's?

2. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

My understanding is "free on new purchases". Buy a new iPad, get iWorks for free. But just check on the Apple Store; they list what software comes with each purchase.

3. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

FWIW: They are still listed as being $9.99. That might change on the 18th, BYMMV.

4. Mainsail, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013

Mainsail macrumors 6502a

Also, iPhoto and iMovie will be free, so this is about $50 of value with purchase of a new ios device. I use these apps (Pages, Numbers, Keynote, iPhoto, and iMovie) on my iPad all of the time for creating simple documents, minor photo editing, and making short movies and slideshows.

I don't really need anything more for home use, and I like that I can get to my documents at anytime via iCloud.com. It would be great if Apple developed a photo stream/iPhoto web application. That would really complete the picture...so to speak.;)

5. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

It still costs money for everyone other than new iDevice purchasers.

From http://www.apple.com/ipad-mini/from-the-app-store/

... Apple apps from the App Store are designed specifically for iPad and iPad mini. Which means they give you the power and versatility to do more than you ever thought possible. And now iPhoto, iMovie, and the iWork family of apps — Pages, Keynote, and Numbers — are free with any new iPad mini.

6. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

all iWork app for iPhone 5S, I plan to buy on Nov, will be universal on iPad? :apple:

7. SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

If I get a new phone will I be able to also download these apps for free onto my current devices?

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Yes, all iWork apps are universal apps. And while it wasn't stated explicitly in he keynote, I assume that once you download it once for free, you'll be able to download it on any other device you have. It should work like any other apps you purchase the regular way.

9. SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

Never assume. :)

This would be very nice if true. Could this be a precursor to allowing attachments of documents to e-mails in the native e-mail app like you can currently attach photos? Although there are methods to do this, they are all a PITA and cannot be done in a reply. Making pages free is like providing a one-stop destination for all of your documents, and it is an apple app as well as opposed to having to access apps like goodreader, etc.

10. indeyxzq macrumors newbie

great.It should work like any other apps you purchase the regular way. thanks [​IMG]

11. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

Interesting idea. Probably. I ordered Numbers once, and it's on all my idevices, although now I don't use it at all anymore...

----------

Yeah, perhaps they figured out a way to lock it to only the 'new' devices. Like Siri, which BTW is an awful reason to ever upgrade to an iPhone 5x... Just sayin'...

----------

Fixed it for yah...

----------

And are people starting to line up for the release of the iPhone 5s yet? :-D It must be nice to not have a life...