Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
Re: Roman numerals throughout!

Originally posted by crazytom
Since they started with the whole 'X' deal, why not keep it going? Mac OS X.I; X.I.V; X.II??? Why quit what you've started? :confused: :)

i noticed you are a newbie...

...X does not necessarily mean 10...X is more just a name for the mac unix system...meaning...it's not X.2, but there is X v.10.2 and someday could be X v.11.0 and 12 and so on

chmorley

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 2, 2002
Denver, CO
Re: Re: Arrived!

Originally posted by brogers
So did you ever get a shipping notice??? I would like to think that mine is on the way to, but no actuall shipping notice...just e-mail saying it would ship Wednesday or Thursday.
I actually got two shipping notices. The first was sent yesterday. When I checked the FedEx tracking number, it said no such item existed. When I checked again this morning (after getting my second notice), it said it was expected to arrive 99/99/9999. When I checked at noon, it was in Denver. At 12:45, it was here!

Chris

User X

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2002
Thursday 4:11pm......still no shipping notice........I am begining to loose hope. Has anyone recieved a copy without a shipping notice sent?:(

bigsteve3

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2002
IL
Sorry, bud. I got my shipping notice today, and Fedex says that it's in Tennessee on the way...Yay!!!

UserX, when did you order it? Right after MacWorld, or later than that?

crazytom

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
IL
Re: Re: Roman numerals throughout!

i noticed you are a newbie...

Yes, yes I am... But, there are 10 kinds of people in the world. The ones who understand binary and the ones that don't. ;)

bbarnhart

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2002
Amazon.com

Has anyone who ordered from Amazon.com received notification that their copy is shipping. Mine still says product not available (or something like that). I wonder if Amazon will ship to customers who didn't get the US$50 rebate first?

User X

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2002
I ordered it on august 10 from the education site. I realize I won't be first in line, but the letter I got made it sound like it woud ship this week. I guess I won't hold my breath.

MacUser1

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2001
New York, NY
i feel the same way

Originally posted by User X
I ordered it on august 10 from the education site. I realize I won't be first in line, but the letter I got made it sound like it woud ship this week. I guess I won't hold my breath.
Yeah, I was hoping that I would get it Friday or Saturday too. But if I get it on Monday or Tuesday, I'll be happy. I have a wireless network printer to set up on 3 computers to pass the time.

gopher

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2002
Maryland, USA
Jaguar received!

And no shipment notification other than the generic will ship Wednesday or Thursday. The front fo the box shows it shipped out yesterday. If there is one thing I noticed it is faster than the version downloaded off the net. Still has the bug of not always showing the application in the foreground when launched. But perhaps this is because I installed it over my existing copy of 10.1.5 on my internal hard drive as an upgrade. This time I used the second disk. The first time the downloaded version I installed on an external partition clean. So it appears it doesn't matter. There are some minor bugs...oh and connect to server still won't FTP to my webserver running Linux further than the root directory. And worse yet, it forgot that Quicktime 6 had the MPEG2 export function installed from my DVD Studio Pro installation. Looks like I'm going to be on the phone with Apple about that one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.