Jailbreak 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by dagored, Jan 19, 2008.

1. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

But no release of the technique til SDK is released.... why????

2. dagored thread starter macrumors 65816

Because Apple could then rewrite the firmware to block the jailbreak again. Half their work would have been done by the hackers. Make sense?

3. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

Makes perfect sense! Will this mean that an iPhone jailbreak is in the works too......?

4. grimwwr macrumors member

I am thinking about upgrading my 1.1.2 jailbroken touch to 1.1.3 and buying the software upgrade. I am only considering it, because the way Apple went about getting the new upgrade I have to say is pretty lame. Any ways, if I were to upgrade to 1.1.3, and buy the software upgrade...when the 1.1.3 jailbreak comes along will I be able to keep my apps I payed $20 for?

5. dagored thread starter macrumors 65816

Until wee see the jailbreak, I doubt anyone can answer that.

6. grimwwr macrumors member

Hmm, well from looking in that video, they must've bought the upgrade because of the ability to move around the apps, and it is jailbroken so I wonder if the upgrade was bought before or after it was jailbroken. Or I could be wrong either way.

7. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

The ability to move the icons is not one of the additions that you have to pay for...

The 5 apps are what costs money, you can upgrade to 1.1.3 without purchasing the apps.

8. grimwwr macrumors member

How? Because I have my friends Ipod upgraded to 1.1.3 without downloading the apps and I can't move around the icons.

9. dagored thread starter macrumors 65816

Now remember, the apps and all are in the upgrade 1.1.3, just not unlocked. Like I said, they are waiting for the SDK for a reason.

10. darkpaw macrumors 6502

darkpaw

Well, it certainly doesn't work on my 1.1.3 iPod touch.

11. grimwwr macrumors member

It is very smart for them to wait, and understandable.

12. Fofer macrumors 6502a

Not true.

1.1.3, without the $20 paid for apps, doesn't have the wiggly icons either.

1.1.3 without the $20 -- just lets you watch rented movies on the device.

All of the other new features are activated with the $20 purchase.

13. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

14. nylock10 macrumors regular

Wait, I don't understand was the jailbreak released to the public?

15. dagored thread starter macrumors 65816

I started this thread. Please start from the top and many of your questions will be answered.

16. FunkyMonkey macrumors 6502

So if I understand this correctly..
    They wont release the jailbreak yet because apple might come out with a new firmware to break the jailbreak.

Ok, so why care if Apple releases a new firmware, just dont upgrade!

From my point of view, they should release the jailbreak to the public and just tell them not to update to the new firmware.

17. Pared macrumors 65816

That's completely incorrect.

This, as well as Lyrics being displayed, are only available after purchasing the $20 App pack.

Please don't spread around mis-information on the boards. Thanks.

18. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

waiting is stupid. with that logic why jailbreak at all as apple might rewrite firmware....

i dont buy the reason

19. dagored thread starter macrumors 65816

I think you are missing the point. Apple probably needs to update the firmware to accept the SDK, if they already haven't done so. I think they have, testing it out on the five apps. The hackers have a way in that apple apparently does not know about. Now you can have your cake and eat it too.

Apple won't issue another update for some time. The developers have their setup and program links (whatever) and apple does not want to upset the cart. (Couldn't resist)

20. Heather1 macrumors regular

Heather1

Why bother asking "why wait until the sdk because...." ?!! The team has decided to wait and the decision has been made. We can go a thousand pages on that and still, the decision won't change. Just wait.

21. Fofer macrumors 6502a

yes, I agree with this and I also agree with their decision to sit on it until the SDK comes out.

but what I *don't* completely agree with then is their decision to post a video bragging about it. why bother? to taunt us? Either way, it let's Apple know 1.1.3 has been hacked. and there are plenty of smart engineers at Apple that are getting paid to sort this stuff out.

posring the video was driven by selfish ego. They should have "waited" with that, then, too.

22. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

But then they wouldn't have countless threads on forums over the net ;)
    I hope they find a way to activate the wiggly icons and the 5 apps with jailbreak, every little helps.
    I want 1.1.3 now :(

23. Heather1 macrumors regular

Heather1

Selfish ego ?! Haha, no. :D If they're selfish, they wouldn't share the first hacking method with you in the first place. That video actually makes me feel better. At least they have found a way to jailbreak it. All we need is just wait. (Although i'd admit that i can't wait anymore). :eek:

I won't reply to any further discussion on this. Like i said, we can go 21382 pages and things won't change. Later. :)

24. Darkjenso macrumors regular

personally, i dont think they should wait untill the official SDK, but i do have logic behind my thoughts,

In my opinion, I'm pritty sure that apple is going to release a 1.1.4 or something anyway to accommodate for installing apps into the ipod/iphone so we might as well have it now