Jailbreak and lag on 32gb 3gs

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by alphatectz, Aug 9, 2009.

1. alphatectz macrumors 6502a

alphatectz

So I'm thinking of jailbreaking my 3gs. I jailed broke my 3g and exerienced a lot of freaking lag. I had winter board, sbssettings And backgrounder on my 3g. But my question is will I still have the stupid lag on my 32gb?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You will have a bit of lag, but a lot less, it might now even be noticeable. The 3G S has a lot more ram to play with. I would try it and find out for yourself. I heard from others that backgrounder works great.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Big difference between the 3G and 3GS.
    You probably wont notice much lag if any.

4. alphatectz thread starter macrumors 6502a

alphatectz

What about sbs settings and status notification? Will that still screw me over.

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    The more apps that use MobileSubstrate that you have will slow down the phone. I have a 3G and personally only use BossPrefs, I think SBsettings is unnecessary IMO.

6. alphatectz thread starter macrumors 6502a

alphatectz

Thanks for the quick replys, the only reason why I like sbs settigs was b/c I can hide it. Bossprefs would be sweet of I can just hide it.

Thnx

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Not likely. More room in RAM and faster CPU, so I doubt it.

8. jacobgaul macrumors regular

well, see it depends,

i myself have a 32gb 3gs

my buddy has a 16gb 3gs

now he runs FULL blown themes which i think are the dumbest thing ever and my phone is WAY faster then his..

i have safari download manager, music controls, ifile, winterboard, bossprefs, sbsettings and a bunch of others and i dont notice much lag now on his phone there is lag when switching between programs but thats because he has his phone loaded down with all kinds of dumb **** which i feel makes the phone look TERRIBLE. not only that but his battery sucks!

9. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I have a lot of JB apps on my phone, but I stay away from Winterboard and anything that requires it and my phone feels just as fast and I get just as good battery life. There's probably a slight difference but nothing noticeable. I once had Winterboard installed along with some other crap and I did notice a very tiny bit of lag, but my battery life was outrageous. If your fine with not changing your themes, I'd stay away from Winterboard. The only visual modification I have done is changing the carrier name and adding the 5 icon dock.