Jailbreak App, You would most like to see on Iphone.

Jazwire

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
I should of said on App Store:

MyWi - Can't even begin to explain how awesome this is. This one really isn't Apples fault this is an AT&T hold up.

MyWi+Laptop is so awesome.

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2008
Are you crazy OP? MyWi would be the most illogical choice for a jailbroken app to come to the App store/Non-jailbroken phones. MyWi is FREE, if/when AT&T allows tethering, that's another 30$ for tethering on top of your already unlimited data plan.

I will always stay jailbroken so I do not have to succumb to the man putting me down!

Comment

Jazwire

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
Are you crazy OP? MyWi would be the most illogical choice for a jailbroken app to come to the App store/Non-jailbroken phones. MyWi is FREE, if/when AT&T allows tethering, that's another 30$ for tethering on top of your already unlimited data plan.

I will always stay jailbroken so I do not have to succumb to the man putting me down!
Hey I never said I was willing to pay AT&T extra, just said Id like the app on the store, but ya expecting ATT to not charge is slim to none, unless everyone else does it first.

But you DO have to admit, if they didn't, wouldn't it be your most desired app?

And I agree, I will always stay jailbroke because of this app.

Comment

illicium

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2007
QuickReplySMS

QuickReplySMS hands down.

Being able to reply while on the lock screen or in another app is priceless. I actually found out this morning it also works while syncing with iTunes.

Comment

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008

Being able to reply while on the lock screen or in another app is priceless. I actually found out this morning it also works while syncing with iTunes.
This. And LockInfo.

Comment

gixxerfool

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008

Me too. It's so conveinent. Saves me battery life too.

Comment

andybno1

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK

such an easy addition to the iPhone you think apple could implement surely? /sarcasm

Comment

ulbador

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2010

This. And LockInfo.
This is the whole reason I haven't upgraded to 4.0, even though I have a few ideas for development.

I would miss these two things way too much. Iconoclasm and Shrink aren't half bad either.

Comment

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

Yes, one of my faves.
Beeing able to reply to a text from anywhere with a single or double tap is great. Not having to close an app and go to messages or even unlock the phone.

Comment

CocoaPuffs

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2008
I'll jailbreak just for the sake of jailbreaking even when my phone is pretty stock at this point.

3.1.2 baby!

Comment

noah82

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2008
San Diego, CA
Some people aren't paranoid about strangers glancing over their shoulders and seeing what's on their calendar for the day.

Comment

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors 604
Feb 14, 2008
Madison, WI
This. And LockInfo.
That's the one that will be keeping me where I am until compatibility is confirmed for 4.0.

I have hope that some sort of lockscreen notification system is one of the features of 4.0 not mentioned at the keynote. If it is, I'll have no reason to jailbreak after updating this summer.

Some people aren't paranoid about strangers glancing over their shoulders and seeing what's on their calendar for the day.
Like me. Surely if Apple implemented something like this there would be privacy options similar to what we have for text messages today (i.e. displaying "New Text Message" instead of the sender and content).

Comment

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
3 Essentials

There are actually more and if any of the following are not added to 4.0 or future updates then I will continue to jailbreak as long as our fearless DevTeam and Geohot continue their awesome work.

1) Winterboard or option to THEME my iPhone. Single wallpaper that is coming in 4.0 is NOT the answer. BossPaper and Choosing my own theme and icons is MANDATORY...I am NOT an iRobot!

2) SB Settings is a must! Why we must dig through countless taps when an option to control settings is as simple as SB drop down is beyond me...Apple:confused:???

3) WiFi...Already stated and in full agreement with previous posters...a must have for traveling for me. Only use when needed and have never exceeded what I already pay for in my data plan with AT&T.

OTHERS) Five Icon Dock and Column...Another NO BRAINER APPLE...total wasted space using only 16 instead of 25. Even fat fingers have no problem!

LASTLY) ....and it will now be available in 4.0....Categories! Finally, we have at least one concession and Apple has given us something useful for the springboard!

There are others but not as important or mandatory. Looks like I will continue donating to Dev/Geo until Apple fills the other 4 of my 5:D:D:D

Comment

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors 604
Feb 14, 2008
Madison, WI
There are actually more and if any of the following are not added to 4.0 or future updates then I will continue to jailbreak as long as our fearless DevTeam and Geohot continue their awesome work.

1) Winterboard or option to THEME my iPhone. Single wallpaper that is coming in 4.0 is NOT the answer. BossPaper and Choosing my own theme and icons is MANDATORY...I am NOT an iRobot!

2) SB Settings is a must! Why we must dig through countless taps when an option to control settings is as simple as SB drop down is beyond me...Apple:confused:???

3) WiFi...Already stated and in full agreement with previous posters...a must have for traveling for me. Only use when needed and have never exceeded what I already pay for in my data plan with AT&T.

OTHERS) Five Icon Dock and Column...Another NO BRAINER APPLE...total wasted space using only 16 instead of 25. Even fat fingers have no problem!

LASTLY) ....and it will now be available in 4.0....Categories! Finally, we have at least one concession and Apple has given us something useful for the springboard!

There are others but not as important or mandatory. Looks like I will continue donating to Dev/Geo until Apple fills the other 4 of my 5:D:D:D
I think you're dreaming on #1 and OTHERS. I agree completely with #2.

Comment

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
infiniboard: beat the 11 page limit
infinidock: scroll your doc
3G Unrestricter: Just in case
Quick Scroll: better scrolling in apps
Music control 1.2, it gives you FULL AVRCP. New one (to me) just posted on this board in another thread.

Now if someone could just come up with a equalizer that can be used in the iPod app, I'd be set. (Not all downloads are created equal)

Comment

Mikey B

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
the island
To me SBSettings and Lockinfo are the two most needed jb apps to jump over to stock-iPhone land. If I had to choose one, i'd pick SBSettings. I'm still taping on the status bar for network settings a week after installing 4.0. Miss it so much.

I like the functionality Lockinfo adds but it is not the prettiest or best possible implementation and I'd love to see an apple-made version.

Comment

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
how is it att's fault? other carriers in other countries with the iphone dont. o wait you dont think other countries are not real. ok. no. its apples fault.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.