Jailbreak App, You would most like to see on Iphone.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jazwire, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Jazwire macrumors 6502a

Jazwire

I should of said on App Store:

MyWi - Can't even begin to explain how awesome this is. This one really isn't Apples fault this is an AT&T hold up.

MyWi+Laptop is so awesome.

2. calvy macrumors 65816

3. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Are you crazy OP? MyWi would be the most illogical choice for a jailbroken app to come to the App store/Non-jailbroken phones. MyWi is FREE, if/when AT&T allows tethering, that's another 30$ for tethering on top of your already unlimited data plan.

I will always stay jailbroken so I do not have to succumb to the man putting me down!

4. Jazwire thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jazwire

Hey I never said I was willing to pay AT&T extra, just said Id like the app on the store, but ya expecting ATT to not charge is slim to none, unless everyone else does it first.

But you DO have to admit, if they didn't, wouldn't it be your most desired app?

And I agree, I will always stay jailbroke because of this app.

5. illicium macrumors regular

QuickReplySMS

QuickReplySMS hands down.

Being able to reply while on the lock screen or in another app is priceless. I actually found out this morning it also works while syncing with iTunes.

6. psywzrd macrumors 68030

This. And LockInfo.

7. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

Me too. It's so conveinent. Saves me battery life too.

8. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

MyWi is the single greatest app that I would love to see in the app store.

9. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

Actually, Intelliscreen is a close second to MyWi.

10. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

such an easy addition to the iPhone you think apple could implement surely? /sarcasm

11. RichL macrumors 6502

I will never understand why we cannot use SMS on lock screen.

12. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

This is the whole reason I haven't upgraded to 4.0, even though I have a few ideas for development.

I would miss these two things way too much. Iconoclasm and Shrink aren't half bad either.

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, one of my faves.
    Beeing able to reply to a text from anywhere with a single or double tap is great. Not having to close an app and go to messages or even unlock the phone.

14. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

I'll jailbreak just for the sake of jailbreaking even when my phone is pretty stock at this point.

3.1.2 baby!

15. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

I suppose the lock screen is the LOCK SCREEN so strangers can't get access to your private data, contacts, conversations, etc, all of which could be exposed via a text message.

16. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

Some people aren't paranoid about strangers glancing over their shoulders and seeing what's on their calendar for the day.

17. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

That's the one that will be keeping me where I am until compatibility is confirmed for 4.0.

I have hope that some sort of lockscreen notification system is one of the features of 4.0 not mentioned at the keynote. If it is, I'll have no reason to jailbreak after updating this summer.

Like me. Surely if Apple implemented something like this there would be privacy options similar to what we have for text messages today (i.e. displaying "New Text Message" instead of the sender and content).

18. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

I can see it now: "Dentist Appointment??!? AHHHHH!"

19. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

3 Essentials

There are actually more and if any of the following are not added to 4.0 or future updates then I will continue to jailbreak as long as our fearless DevTeam and Geohot continue their awesome work.

1) Winterboard or option to THEME my iPhone. Single wallpaper that is coming in 4.0 is NOT the answer. BossPaper and Choosing my own theme and icons is MANDATORY...I am NOT an iRobot!

2) SB Settings is a must! Why we must dig through countless taps when an option to control settings is as simple as SB drop down is beyond me...Apple:confused:???

3) WiFi...Already stated and in full agreement with previous posters...a must have for traveling for me. Only use when needed and have never exceeded what I already pay for in my data plan with AT&T.

OTHERS) Five Icon Dock and Column...Another NO BRAINER APPLE...total wasted space using only 16 instead of 25. Even fat fingers have no problem!

LASTLY) ....and it will now be available in 4.0....Categories! Finally, we have at least one concession and Apple has given us something useful for the springboard!

There are others but not as important or mandatory. Looks like I will continue donating to Dev/Geo until Apple fills the other 4 of my 5:D:D:D

20. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I think you're dreaming on #1 and OTHERS. I agree completely with #2.

21. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

infiniboard: beat the 11 page limit
    infinidock: scroll your doc
    3G Unrestricter: Just in case
    Quick Scroll: better scrolling in apps
    Music control 1.2, it gives you FULL AVRCP. New one (to me) just posted on this board in another thread.

Now if someone could just come up with a equalizer that can be used in the iPod app, I'd be set. (Not all downloads are created equal)

22. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

To me SBSettings and Lockinfo are the two most needed jb apps to jump over to stock-iPhone land. If I had to choose one, i'd pick SBSettings. I'm still taping on the status bar for network settings a week after installing 4.0. Miss it so much.

I like the functionality Lockinfo adds but it is not the prettiest or best possible implementation and I'd love to see an apple-made version.

23. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Yes. This alone makes me upset that I can't jailbreak my phone.

24. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

25. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

how is it att's fault? other carriers in other countries with the iphone dont. o wait you dont think other countries are not real. ok. no. its apples fault.