Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bova80

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
So I've been playing doodle jump a lot lately and it's been running smoothly. Well after the new jailbreak came out the other day I decided to go ahead and do it. Well now that I have jailbroke my phone and only installed, pdanet and sbsettings, when playing doodle jump i'll get some lag during game play that I never got before. Anyone else experience this after jailbreaking?

bova80

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
no body has lag from jailbreak? it seems everytime i jailbreak it slows the phone down, guess there are some negatives with it.

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
no body has lag from jailbreak? it seems everytime i jailbreak it slows the phone down, guess there are some negatives with it.

jailbreaking does not 'give you lag'. end of.

lots of mobilesubtrate addons on the other hand, may, however you said you only installed pdanet+sbsettings. i don't think you'll find many people with your problems as they are nonexistent..

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011

You sure it's not 4.3.1 making it lag? My experience with it SUCKS

bova80

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
i restored my phone and it's now running fine again. i could try to re-jailbreak it but I don't have time for that now.

shotts56

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2008
Scotland
My experience is that this has been by far the laggiest jb so far. All the other ones worked at pretty much the same speed as original iOS. I've noticed a number of occasions over the past few days where I've slowed down considerably.

Presumably bugs which will be worked out in jb updates over the next wee while.

geko29

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2008
In my case, the culprit seems to be mail.app or the network stack. I'll notice when I'm playing PvZ, the animations start stuttering for a few seconds, then I get the notification ding and things go back to normal.

I'll agree that thus far, this has been my buggiest JB since trying out Blackra1n on my 3GS two years ago. I just put RC12 on, we'll see if things improve. If not, I'm going down to 4.2.1, which seems to be working well on my wife's. Neither of us had any problems with 4.0.1 or 4.1 either.

APtalent

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2010
I've been experiencing lag with Little Wings and other games.

The problem isn't the JB, it's that the phone always prompts me to enable roaming and other stuff. Is there anyway to disable it from asking it?

I'm running an iOS 4.3.1 on an iPhone 4 on T-mobile.

Prodo123

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2010
I've been experiencing lag with Little Wings and other games.

The problem isn't the JB, it's that the phone always prompts me to enable roaming and other stuff. Is there anyway to disable it from asking it?

I'm running an iOS 4.3.1 on an iPhone 4 on T-mobile.

Tiny Wings lol
Hmm no lag here whatsoever. And that's considering I have at least 9 MobileSubstrate addons, iPhone 4 graphics, and with Infinity Blade and N.O.V.A. 2.

GonzagaDynasty

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2009
I went from JB 4.0 to JB 4.3.1 recently and I notice lag everywhere. Very annoying. Scrolling is laggy, ect. Don't know why.

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
Tiny Wings lol
Hmm no lag here whatsoever. And that's considering I have at least 9 MobileSubstrate addons, iPhone 4 graphics, and with Infinity Blade and N.O.V.A. 2.

The problem is that usually, unlike you and I, people don't rush to the forums to post their good experience. You only hear about the bad.. which people put 2+2 = 5 and a f'ed up jailbreak. :eek:

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
I have 3Gs that was JB with 4.1 and had no lag. I've updated to 4.3.1 and jb it. It starts to lag. All the app and stuff i installed are the same.

cookiesnfooty

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2009
Harrogate
Those of you claiming lag, did you test 4.3.1 out much prior to jailbreaking?

It may not be the jailbreak but could be the OS in general affecting your device? Just my 2 cents...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.