Jailbreak confirmed for release soon!

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Godzirra!, Apr 30, 2010.

1. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

2. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I hope it's still released today but their now saying that it may be a few days later.

3. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

4. Godzirra! thread starter macrumors regular

Godzirra!

The dev team says in the article theyre releasing it today i thought? it doesnt explicitly say today, but it says after 3g owners get their ipads?

5. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

That changed over the last 24-48hrs.

Now there are a few different rumors saying it won't be released for a couple of days or until 4.0 gets released in the wild..

6. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

You answered your own question up there.

Their quote was "at some point after (don’t ask when!)".

If you want to edit your misleading thread title, edit your original post and click "Advanced". :)

7. medicscott macrumors 6502a

medicscott

hey admins...can we get a ipad hacks forum please?

8. skafia macrumors 6502

skafia

Man your battle stations...

9. jeffy777 macrumors 6502

Comex said on twitter that it would be a few days after Friday (which of course is today). So I'm thinking maybe early next week, but we'll see.

10. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

11. Godzirra! thread starter macrumors regular

Godzirra!

yeah i dont think its today anymore, i just got all excited when i read it and had to post. had to get the word out! haha, but i will change the post

12. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

Good news nevertheless. It may be finally time to take a 2nd look at the iPad once the jailbreak comes along. Jailbreaking made my iPhone infinitely more enjoyable to use for the time I had it and I wouldn't dream of using my iPod Touch without it.

13. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

O/T: Man, that's been the song I've been playing on loop for the last two days, too. ;) (I'm a new fan so it's all awesome right now.)

Topic? Um, I've got nothing, I don't think there's been any news. Get your SHSH blobs backed up if you're waiting on the iPhone portion of the JB.

14. timothevs macrumors 6502

timothevs

That title really gave me some hope, and despite having read it straight from the Twitter feed, I hoped against hope. Just so anxious to see the JB!

15. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

More OT, but what song is this? I don't listen to radio all that much, so have no idea what the kids are listening to these days lol

16. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

What are people's expectations from the jailbreak? What is it that you are looking forward to the most? Personally I'm pretty happy with my iPad the way it is but I'm curious to know what will be tempting me to jailbreak. My iPhone is mainly because I wanted to be able to use MyWi and not have to fork out for a 3G iPad :)

17. Godzirra! thread starter macrumors regular

Godzirra!

I want multitasking bad. Its a must on something this big. Annnddd...thats about it haha. I dont know anything else it can do, but multitasking is huge for me. Maybe a file system so i can download whatever i want from safari? And opening up the camera kit, that will be a huge plus for me.

18. tacoshell macrumors regular

I had originally wanted jailbreak to stream my non compatible movies but Air Video HD is doing a damn good job. Currently, benefits I expect from a jailbreak are full use of the USB port and an NES /SNES emulator. I will be waiting for word on these before I take the plunge.

19. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

Oh, it's actually old-ish, it's a Coheed and Cambria song. :) (I think the prior poster spotted my avatar.)

I'm actually not that interested in a JB for the iPad at this time; but I am watching the release like a hawk because it will also be usable for iPhone 3GS and I would like to use MyWi. I'm sure there's a lot of cool stuff to be done, though. Consider the custom springboards for iPhone that are made possible via JB (screenshots in thread):

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=868233

20. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

21. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

The quoted song is seven years old, it ain't exactly current top 40. :)

22. Lotus Esprit V8 macrumors regular

Spirit was supposed to be made available on the same day that the WiFi + 3G iPad was released. There was a blog post today that says that it will be sometime after the release. I wouldn't expect anything until the release of iPhone OS 4.0.

23. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Full USB Support - import/export "any file".
    USB Midi
    Sick Audio Apps

divx support