jailbreak for 3.1.3(new bootrom)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fahdsaeed87, Feb 10, 2010.

1. fahdsaeed87 macrumors member

hello everyone. Yesterday i upgraded my iphone 3GS from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 because i erased all my iphone and settings and my iphone was stuck in the recovery mode. The only solution i found was to upgrade to 3.1.3 using apple server. Now i cannot use my carrier because my phone is not jailbroken. i searched a lot over internet. Can someone tell what is te exact release date for jailbreak for iphone 3gs 3.1.3(05.12.01)bootrom. And will there be any jailbreak for this base band or not. any one having some info be free to share thnx

2. iphonegeek786 macrumors 6502

iphonegeek786

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

You will have to sit it out and wait. I'm sure eventually they will jailbreak it and unlock it. But you can't put a time frame on it.

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

How could we possibly tell you an exact date for release of software that nobody is even intending to make? There are only two people/groups who have ever created ways to unlock iPhones. Those are Geohot and the Dev-Team. Both of them have said that they are not intending to unlock the new baseband (Dev Team intends to wait until the next major OS upgrade, Geohot may never make any more iPhone software).

5. fahdsaeed87 thread starter macrumors member

so if this is the case then what about all the new 3Gs iphone shipped by apple with the new baseband. dev team will do something,after all there r still 5 to 6 months till the new release 0f 4g or whatever they name it. i love my iphone n cannot afford to loose it.

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Wanting it will not make it so. You can delude yourself all you want, but the Dev Team has made it clear that they do not think their time is best spent soft unlocking every baseband update. Furthermore, your phone can't even be jailbroken at this point, and I think it very unlikely that they will waste an exploit jailbreaking 3.1.3 when 4.0 will presumably be out in beta as early as next month. They have a long history of holding onto exploits for major releases.

7. fahdsaeed87 thread starter macrumors member

You are right to some extent but i cannot loose hope. i bought just a week before and now stuck with this firmware 3.1.3.okay if dev team release their next exploit after the next iphone comes then would i be able to use that or not or my $700 are just wasted please tell me?
    :confused::confused:

8. fahdsaeed87 thread starter macrumors member

is there any way to install cydia on this new fw 3.1.3(05.12.01)?

9. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

If you can't jailbreak, you can't install Cydia. That's kind of the point of jailbreaking...

10. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

11. fahdsaeed87 thread starter macrumors member

it would have been good if you would have said something helpful instead of making fun.

12. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Agreed. Good luck

13. thep33t macrumors regular

If you got it a week ago, maybe return/exchange it?

14. WolverineGuy macrumors member

I'll say something helpful. How about listen to everyone that has already said you absolutely can not jailbreak 3.1.3? There are reasons for all the warnings all over the internet that said do not upgrade if you want to keep your jailbreak. Just wait it out til 4.0 gets jailbroken, that's your best bet.

15. fahdsaeed87 thread starter macrumors member

what should i say them why am i exchanging?whts the problem whta should i say then n no one will buy my phone without unlock:(

16. fahdsaeed87 thread starter macrumors member

a guy named sheriff hashim from dev team has found the exploit for 3.1.3(05.12.01) which will unlock iphone completely.so a good news :):)but dont know if he releases it or not :(:(

17. fahdsaeed87 thread starter macrumors member

now what is the point in saving the new exploit as the apple also knows that new boot rom has been unlocked and it will release a new boot rom in iphone 4g surely .Its just common sense dev team should release the new exploit now as there r still 6 months for the new phone to come:):)

18. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

because if the dev team doesnt release it to the public, apple wont know what exploit they found, and how and where to patch it up. thats why...so it will remain until after they release it, and a new software update happens. also an exchange excuse could be for more memory or a different color. there im helping you now.

19. fahdsaeed87 thread starter macrumors member

i should now pray to God that DEV team releases its exploit now:):) n what about those unlocking sites which sell unlock softwares for around $30 if dev team doesnot release their unlock these companies might am i right?

20. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

Those unlocking sites just sell software they took from the Dev Team and rebranded. They don't develop new tools themselves.

21. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You are wrong here. :eek: He has crashed the baseband. MuscleNerd has played with it saying it looks promising.

All that said, it is still a long way from a baseband unlock.

Edit: This was posted by MuscleNerd

"Those following twitter may have seen some recent very early developments in the 05.12 unlock situation. One of our more helpful commenters sherif_hashim (at a rating of 84p you know he’s helped others much already!) found what looks like a very promising crash in the new baseband. He’s put in a lot of work looking for crashes over this past year, and he’s still looking for more! We’ve started to look at his crash but it’s a long road between any given crash and a fully working unlock, and we couldn’t put an ETA on it even if we wanted to. It’s not even guaranteed that an working unlock will come from this particular crash — it’s just too early to tell."

22. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

1) sheriff_hashim is not a member of the Dev Team.
    2) sheriff_hashim has found an exploit, but that's a long way from an unlock. There are still hundreds of hours of testing and coding before they'll even know if it will work.
    3) I imagine God has more important things on His plate than fixing your iPhone.
    4) The Dev Team and Geohot are the only ones who have ever created a tool to unlock an iPhone. Anyone else who claims to be able to unlock an iPhone is either selling free software or is just lying.

23. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not.
    It will not unlock it completelly. It will unlock it untill Apple puts out another update and people that dont pay attention "accidentally" update their iPhones and will lock them up again.

24. leons macrumors 6502

INSTEAD of a Jailbreak/Unlock for 3.1.3, why not a hack that somehow allows a downgrade (bypassing the "signing" process) of firmware to an already Jailbroken/Unlocked release?

(for those without <3.1.3 ecid saved)

25. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

First of all, there's very little chance a new jailbreak or unlock will be released for 3.1.3, so there's no "INSTEAD of" situation to speak of here.

Secondly, what you suggest would likely require hacking iTunes rather than the iPhone. I'm no pro, so I can't speak to the specifics of this, but it seems to me that a group of people who have spent years mucking about the innards of the iPhone are probably more familiar with the iPhone than the inner workings of iTunes, and so it makes sense for them to continue their efforts on the iPhone side of things. Would you ask an accountant to fix your car?

And last, it seems kind of silly to waste hours of (volunteer!) time to help people downgrade from one minor update when we'll likely be seeing iPhone OS 4.0 in the near future, and that will require a whole new round of jailbreaking efforts.