JailBreak for 4.1 Yet?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Wicked1, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I know this is probably been asked before but in my idiotic wisdom I clicked on the update for 4.1 so now I am stuck with the new iOS, however does anyone have a JB for the latest iOS 4.1 ?

2. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Nope. Not yet.

Were you jailbroken before you updated? Do you have your SHSH saved for 4.0 or 4.0.1? If so, you could always downgrade and jailbreak again.

3. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

If you had saved your shsh for a previous firmware you could downgrade to that. No guarantees on the new modem firmware working with an older os however.

4. dadeef macrumors member

well there is a jailbreak sort of. It's only for iPhone 3g and iPhone 3GS on 4.1.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Thats false.
    Only for 3G iphones, none for 3GS or iphone 4 with 4.1

6. canucksfan88 macrumors 6502a

canucksfan88

redsn0w has a jailbreak for iOS4.1 although its only on a 3g.

sooo much faster than 4.0.2 =D

although im only jailbreaking for multi-task (for rotation lock) and wallpapers

7. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

I value my unlock more than I do that jailbreak.

8. Bdubb macrumors regular

Bdubb

To his defense, I am very glad he "popped in here and started this thread" ... My buddy just called me five minutes ago, all excited because he just got an iphone 4, it's his first iPhone ever, needless to say he doesn't know anything about Jailbreaking. He told me he had 4.1 on it and if it's jailbreakable?

Considering these forums right here are my favorite and most trusted place to learn about the latest iPhone jailbreaking information, I popped in here myself and thanks to this thread, sure enough, within seconds I found out that 4.1 is not Jailbreakable. So yeah, by him not doing any research, saved me time to do research and quickly get a straight answer. :p

I've been on these forums for quite a while now, and it's funny how there's always the "regulars" who bitch at the noobs who come in here and start a thread about a very common and general topic, it's an on going cycle, it's part of what keeps these forums alive and active.

For every dense regular here, there are ten noobs asking 20 common questions, and that's just how it always goes.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Considering there's about 10 threads asking the same question right below and 2-3 at least every day I dont think you would have a hard time finding this info with a 5 second search.

10. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

You can jailbreak a 3GS on 4.1 with sn0wbreeze 2.0.1, but apparently it has to already be jailbroken on 3.1.2, so yes and no.

11. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

I wouldn't trust anything by that particular coder. I've read some interesting things about his programs from dev team members. It's almost like Zibri, part 2.

12. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

I wouldn't either but for some reason I had a strong need to prove applejuiced wrong :D

13. Bdubb macrumors regular

Bdubb

Well, I guess his thread just saved me 4 seconds of my time today then :p

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol :D

Already JB on 3.1.2 and with the old bootrom and the JB is junk.
    I wouldnt consider or recomend snowbreeze to anyone though.

Take a number dude:D

15. Bdubb macrumors regular

Bdubb

:D And Another thing Applejuiced and other regulars, I think the problem with too many threads about the same common issue, doesn't exactly lie with the actual subject/topic being discussed, but the title of the thread itself.

sure there are probably 20 topics on "Is 4.1 firmware Jailbreakable yet?" on the main page alone, but...with such famous thread titles as "Oh Man! I think I messed up!" or.."Help please... I upgraded my iphone now what?" or.."I tried to jailbreak my phone but it keeps getting stuck at DFU, wtf!"

for all we know all those titles are noobs trying to simply find out if 4.1 is jailbreakable? but with vague titles like that, one's not going to have an easy time finding the answer they need about a particular topic here, even with so called "research".

Anyway that's my 2 cents, I'll stop getting off topic now, keep up the good work AJ! If there was such a title for being the most patient, humble and helpful person on the internet forums, I would give it to you Applejuiced. I know you've put up with my share of "stupid" questions in the past :rolleyes:

16. jsh macrumors regular

If I had a jailbreak, I'd just wait for 4.2 at this point.

17. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

And by that logic, I'd wait for 6.3.9

18. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Thanks, its been a pleasure:D

What?
    Dude, 7.0 is going to be way better with alot more features.
    Why blow an exploit with 6.3.9 when 7.0 is around the corner and only 3 years away?

19. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

But there's no point.

Because 6.3.9 + 7.0 =13.3.9

Which means we get the features of 6.3.9 AND 7.0 :eek:

20. mlts22 macrumors 6502a

+1. I doubt their will be a JB for 4.1, just like there was not one for 4.0.2. Mainly because it will only be a few weeks before 4.2 comes out, so might as well save the holes discovered so the JB is more elegant.

21. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

I just dont understand why all the other iphones have the jb out for 4.1 except for iphone4. why is that?

22. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Probably because this jailbreak is a bootrom exploit and all the other phones have older bootroms that have been out in the open for a long time, whereas the iphone 4 is still relatively new.

23. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Check your sources again. 3G is not "all the other iphones"

24. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

The 4.1 jailbreak is available only for iPhone 3g / iPod touch 2nd gen. iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 3rd gen, iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4th gen are all still unjailbreakable at 4.1. This is due to a change in hardware Apple made starting with iPhone 3GS.