Jailbreak for 8.1.3/8.2/8.3 Released

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Neg4433, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neg4433, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015

Neg4433 macrumors member

Neg4433

Taig released today a jailbreak for iOS 8.1.3-8.3 I don't know though why didn't they wait till 8.4 but at least there is one out.

Here is the link: http://taig.com/en/ Let's discuss in this post about it.

Note on their website:
    So it will be good to wait some days.

2. that be me macrumors 6502

Could be because the exploits were patched by iOS 8.4 and they figured "why not?". They also may have something for when iOS 8.4 drops. Either way I'm excited.

Substrate is also completely broken, so there's not much use for the jailbreak at this second.

3. Neg4433 thread starter macrumors member

Neg4433

You're right i just read it too, i will update the post.

4. gr4z macrumors regular

Excellent news...although I am also curious why they didn't wait for 8.4.

5. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Yep, Saurik confirms it on reddit.

Cydia Substrate is broken and Saurik is on the road, will take a bit of time.

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

As already stated, it was likely released because 8.4 (which is around the corner) patches the exploits used for this jailbreak. Thus, no reason not to release it now.

7. gr4z macrumors regular

Yep agreed. Saurik is on a well earned day off according to his post on reddit - so expect something tomorrow or beyond:

my first finding out that this was happening was a text message I received from someone at TaiG an hour ago, at 3:30am, saying they had released a jailbreak for iOS 8.1.3-8.3. This message told me that Substrate does not work, and asked that I "please fix this for the jailbroken user"; later in the conversation they said they "hope U fix it ASAP". Had I known that this would happen today, I would have driven home this morning, rather than taking a day of rest in SF to recover after JailbreakCon (which for many reasons has been a major source of stress for me over the last month), so I'd be back in Santa Barbara at a stable location with all of my equipment.

8. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

Why wouldn't they let Saurik know it was going to be released or at least wait until he could fix things?

9. jasko macrumors 6502

jasko

Good to hear. I'm still on 8.1 so this will be a nice upgrade once they get it up and running.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.