Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chukwe

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
There are tweaks that can be used to patch jailbreak detection. That is your best bet.

I don't think there will ever be an app that can patched detection. In the past 8 years, I've tried xcon, tsprotector etc to patch Sky Go but none ever worked. So it's a wishful thinking

Kimball

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
I don't think there will ever be an app that can patched detection. In the past 8 years, I've tried xcon, tsprotector etc to patch Sky Go but none ever worked. So it's a wishful thinking

The tweak "NoSubstitute" is supposed to kill Electra in the chosen apps. I dont have any apps to try on my X since all my bank apps and so on all "allow" JB / has no detection for it though.

Chukwe

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
The tweak "NoSubstitute" is supposed to kill Electra in the chosen apps. I dont have any apps to try on my X since all my bank apps and so on all "allow" JB / has no detection for it though.
Not working on Lloyd’s bank app. Thanks

adonis3k

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2012
can you restore after jailbreaking to install your previous apps or is it best to download again from App store etc?

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
Well I seem to have everything working except for an occasional respring, but I have a couple weird issues I cannot resolve. First in my Cydia sources half of them are blank and aren’t loading any tweaks. Second I tried to upgrade to Electra version 1.02 and when I open Electra to re jailbreak l only have the “share Electra” option as if it’s already been updated. I’ve tried using Tweakbox and Impactor.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
i'm confused. does it mean user on 11.4 can jailbreak with this?

11.4 beta 3 specifically which I think is (but dont quote me) only signed for 7/8/X

I thought i read somewhere that they messed up how they include it in 7 (and 7 plus) tho even tho technically its still signed.

Not 11.4 final or later betas

That seems to be the gist

Reactions: ipos

1Icarus2

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2018
I'm getting "Error: Exploit" errors after rebooting my device and trying to enable the Jailbreak again. I started a new thread on this, but has anyone manage to ever run into this problem?

Last edited:

TitsLegendary

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2013
So I wiped my 8+ and installed 11.4b3 on there and started clean. I used a buddy's dev account to load the MPTCP file and I'm not having any luck. I keep getting "Error: Exploit"
Not sure what to do now.

1Icarus2

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2018
So I wiped my 8+ and installed 11.4b3 on there and started clean. I used a buddy's dev account to load the MPTCP file and I'm not having any luck. I keep getting "Error: Exploit"
Not sure what to do now.
Try without the MPTCP version. I don't have a dev account and I did manage to jailbreak mine.

Chukwe

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
Is anyone using Cydia Activator app on Electra 11.3.1?

I want to know before I install it. Thanks

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I have an X on 12 beta 3 and am thinking of taking this opportunity since I’ve been waiting over a year to get a jailbreak back.

Couple of questions:

Is 11.4b 3 still being signed??
Is there a dark mode tweak compatible with this version?
My watch is on OS 5. If I downgrade I know I won’t be able to connect without sending my watch in to be downgraded but will it still keep track of my activity achievements (close ring counts, perfect month, etc.)?

TitsLegendary

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2013
I have an X on 12 beta 3 and am thinking of taking this opportunity since I’ve been waiting over a year to get a jailbreak back.

Couple of questions:

Is 11.4b 3 still being signed??
Is there a dark mode tweak compatible with this version?
My watch is on OS 5. If I downgrade I know I won’t be able to connect without sending my watch in to be downgraded but will it still keep track of my activity achievements (close ring counts, perfect month, etc.)?
11.4b3 is still being signed.
As far as I'm aware, if your watch is on OS 5, it won't connect with your phone if it's not on iOS 12. Your phone keeps a backup of the watch but if you have to wipe your phone to get back on iOS 11.4b3 then it'll lose the backup. Some of your activity info will sync to iCloud but I don't know the extent of it. That's exactly what happened to me. I was on iOS 12 and watch os 5. I tried to do a "option+update" and it wiped my data on the phone because it was incompatible. I had to erase all content and settings on my watch because I forgot to unpair the watch from the phone before downgrading the phone. In the end, I lost pretty much everything because I kept getting an "update your iOS to the latest beta" notification every time I unlocked the device and my watch wouldn't connect to the phone so I had to wipe both of them. I'm back on iOS 12 and watch os 5 now.

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
I left jailbreaking because sometimes some tweaks would not work well together and did not feel like figuring it out. I could have though. Still I think if people want to jailbreak they should be able to. It is fun!

Anyway sense iOS 12 is about improving speed I am going to that once released. Plus the grouping of notifications which is perfect!

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I jumped back from iOS 12 and now have an amazing jailbreak on 11.4. I can tell you the minor speed differences in 12 are not worth giving up the option to jailbreak. Just my opinion, of course.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Update: According to an “Apple senior advisor” mailing in an Apple Watch to be downgraded from WatchOS beta is a service they’ve never offered and all you have to do to downgrade is remove the profile from the watch app and then choose to upgrade from there. Of course I have to be on iOS 12 to be able to pair my watch to my phone in order to access the Watch app.

My problem now (if this is actually true) is that my phone is on 11.4b3 and set up just the way I want it so I REALLY don’t wanna go back to iOS 12 to do this.

Can anybody confirm or otherwise? As a last resort I can probably use my wife’s phone.

Last edited:

NoneEvo

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2013
Portugal
Can anyone link me the 1.4b3 file for the Iphone 7 plus please? not sure if its legal to link here,so if possible PM,thank you.

TitsLegendary

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2013
Can anyone link me the 1.4b3 file for the Iphone 7 plus please? not sure if its legal to link here,so if possible PM,thank you.
There is no IPSW for the 7plus.
Normally, the same file works for 7plus and 8plus but for some reason it doesn't work with the 7plus. I have verified this myself as I was trying to put my 7plus on 11.4b3 and it wouldn't work. Kept saying the file wasn't compatible.

Reactions: NoneEvo

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
There is no IPSW for the 7plus.
Normally, the same file works for 7plus and 8plus but for some reason it doesn't work with the 7plus. I have verified this myself as I was trying to put my 7plus on 11.4b3 and it wouldn't work. Kept saying the file wasn't compatible.

Ive heard the same thing

X or 8/8+ are all that works was my understanding and have standalone ipsw’s.

apny2nv

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2015
I have a feeling this jb has Been rigorously tested on clean install iOS since the test device was future restored often, iPad Pro.

Coupled with an unreliable exploit (VFS) as far as I’ve read, I could see it being problematic

Don’t quote me but yes I believe so. I think the dev and non dev can be used interchangeable. But dev has specific ways to sideload with a profile
Provision or stuff like mentioned from sites.

Non dev can probably be sideloaded w impactor 7 day or dev accounts. Just less reliable exploits
So will this jailbreak only work on 11.4 betas. I currently have my iPad 5gen on iOS 11.4

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.