Jailbreak Help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by JetBlack7, May 31, 2011.

1. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

I downloaded Pwnage Tool 4.3.3.1 and redsn0w_mac_0.9.6rc16 for my Mac OSX. My iphone is a 3GS with 4.3.3 FW and I wanted to ask If is it ok to jailbreak my phone, will it drain too much battery and are these tools the proper ones for my iphone?

Also, If a firmware is released, what happens next? Do I have to install all again?

Thanks for the help!

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

Read the stickies at Tge top of the forum. Look at se threads. If it's to hard to find these answers. Then please don't jailbreak.

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

updating firmware will erase your jailbreak, once jailbroken do not change firmwares unless you know the firmware they are moving too can be jailbroken

4. JetBlack7 thread starter macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

How about telling me If these tools are correct for my FW and phone? Anyone?

5. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Yes, they're right. PwnageTool is mainly used to preserve your baseband if needed. Redsn0w would be the better option for you right now to jailbreak your 3GS.

When a new iOS is released you can use PwnageTool to create a custom ipsw to preserve your baseband. Say the a new updated version of ultrasn0w comes out for the 4.3.3 baseband and iOS 5 comes out and that baseband isn't unlockable.

You'll be able to unlock by using the custom ipsw.

But for right now just you Redsn0w with the correct ipsw iPhone2,1_4.3.3

6. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Pwnagetool allows you to create custom firmware that is jailbroken already. It also preserves your baseband in the very rare case that yours is unlockable. You will then take this firmware and restore to it using iTunes after putting your iPhone in pwned DFU mode.

Redsn0w allows you to jailbreak an iPhone's already-installed firmware. P.S. Get RC17.

These are two very different tools and since you seem like a new comer to jailbreaking, you do not need both.

7. JetBlack7 thread starter macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

So the best one right now to use is redsnow RC17 right? I've tried looking for the torrent, but no success. Goint to try again now. Thanks for the help so far guys ;)

PS: If you need any info on my 3GS let me know and I'll tel you, and If you find RC17, please post it here please. Thanks!

8. iLoyal macrumors regular

Yes, that's right. The link is underneath. Scroll all the way down about 3/4 of the page and it has an option of Window or Mac
    http://www.iphonefamily.net/2011/05/24/download-redsnow-rc17-untethered-ios-4-3-3-jailbreak/

9. JetBlack7, May 31, 2011
    Last edited: May 31, 2011

JetBlack7 thread starter macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

10. JetBlack7 thread starter macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

You are right, sorry about that and thanks for the threads! One last noob question: is installous "in" cydia or is it a seperate program? And where can I get it?

11. TC25 macrumors 68020

As the MR rules indicate, you know, the rules you agreed to abide by, discussion about stealing apps is not allowed.

12. JetBlack7 thread starter macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

13. JetBlack7 thread starter macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

How about a website that has new cydia and/or new jailbreak tools when they come out?

Like this (if not this exact website i.e) http://everythingapplepro.net/