Jailbreakers: Here is a strong warning from apple

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nora47, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nora47 macrumors regular

Apple has added to their iphone support their views on jailbreaking, and it is not good news. It sounds like apple might have something up their sleaves preventing OS updates if you have jailbroken.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3743

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. nora47 thread starter macrumors regular

I am.....i have a 3gs unlocked and jailbroken on 3.1.2....it would be real ****** if i werent able to update OS because of a jailbreak

5. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

That's the same article that's been out for over a year. It's just been updated on the 16th to include the ipad. Otherwise, exactly the same.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Seriously, for every ******** threat apple unleashes there are 10 incredibly smart teenagers with nothing but time on their hands sitting in their parents' basement thinking up ways to circumvent whatever is preventing them from getting what they want.

7. nora47 thread starter macrumors regular

touche

EDIT: for those saying its old and only updated, i personally have never seen or heard it and thought it would be good to post, sorry if it is old.

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I see what they think and say my iPhone runs better without all their roadblocks and crap that doesn't work right (GPS, wifi, etc.). Oh, and my 3G has the stuff that is coming out for 4G/HD and my battery runs fine and my iPhone is as snappy as it was solely on 3.1.2.

Stuff it, Apple.

9. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

What kind of response did you think you would get in a forum that is about iPhone hacking? Did you expect to change anyone's mind? Genuinely curious.

10. nora47 thread starter macrumors regular

umm no that was nowhere near my goal, read above...i have a jailbroken and unlocked iphone, so i rely on the jailbreak heavily, i just thought the article was new and was worth discussing.

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

But you didn't discuss. You didn't even attempt to discuss. You came here, posted an old article, spoke to old news, had no real opinion on the matter, and called someone a jackass. Apparently my definition of "discussion" varies from yours.

12. nora47 thread starter macrumors regular

really? i didnt discuss, so theres no discussion going on...hmm yeah your definition and mine are different, but yours is incorrect. According to webster, discussion means: the action or process of talking about something, typically in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.

So read that definition, and read my initial post and my next ones, and tell me there is no discussion...

And according to iclarified it was new, thats why i posted it..and i had an opinion if you care to read
    If you reread through my posts here is what i said.

Discussion: Apple has added to their iphone support their views on jailbreaking, and it is not good news. It sounds like apple might have something up their sleaves preventing OS updates if you have jailbroken. (Look Mom, that is a discussion! OMG!)
    my opinion: I am.....i have a 3gs unlocked and jailbroken on 3.1.2....it would be real ****** if i werent able to update OS because of a jailbreak (Again mom, an opinion!!! OMGx3!!!!)

Seems to me there is an exchange of ideas no?

13. jackryan57 macrumors regular

There are some thin skinned people here who can't deal with "name calling", believe me I have been a victim of the thin skin around here...that being said...nice knowing you - lol

edit: I see your post was edited with the swear removed...the thin skins are pleased

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Same thing they been saying for years.
    The jb community is on top of their game.
    The link might be new to YOU.
    But old news.

15. nora47 thread starter macrumors regular

yeah the word added nothing to my post except more for the mods to hate

thats great that is old to YOU but i guarantee it is new to alot of people, as guesse what.....people come into the iphone fray every day, shocking right!

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So you registered today just to post this nonsense with your poor attitude and name calling?

17. nora47 thread starter macrumors regular

with all the activity the last few days i thought it was finally time to join this website like the other apple websites im on. And it is not nonsense, you need to drop it. You are the one with the poor attitude as well, attacking me for something i THOUGHT was new....get over it already. Sorry im not like you all and come here to post every waking moment of every day. I happen to enjoy other things in life not apple or macrumors.com

by the way, where is Jessica to insist there is no discussion or opinion? Did you finally open a textbook and realize you were wrong?

18. calvy macrumors 65816

In other news, if you smoke pot you will be doing heroin within no time.

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I don't have a poor attitude or have attacked you.
    I just joked around saying that the jb community is shacking.
    You got a funny way of making a first impression and new friends I guess:)
    Welcome to MR.

20. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

I think the word you're looking for is 'dictionary'. That said, all the discussion is about the pointlessness of this thread. Not the sign of a successful forum conversation when that happens. You were hoping to freak people out, it didn't work, let it go.

21. nora47 thread starter macrumors regular

And no, i did not post this to freak people out if you have not read the entire thread(which you clearly have not) I started this thread to discuss what people thought about it, but the second i got attacked for this being old news is where the discussion went into pointlessness.

22. labman macrumors 604

labman

Wow

I see somebody on the way to being banned or at least time out! somebody new ;) I am thinking there is not much to discuss with TS. Don't worry TS Jessica can handle herself! any way thanks for the great read we never would have found that with out you! :rolleyes: also what a company says and does are two different things! they are not after the little guys more the big guys!

23. nora47 thread starter macrumors regular

yeah, me being banned for no reason.....not happening. and labman, you posting in here to ridicule me is not necessary, you should be banned!!! And yes, apple still will go after you and your jailbroken iphone. Go find Steve Jobs, and tout your jailbroken iphone in his face....see what he says and does, i think it will be a little different than you think....

By the way, i thought the point of a message board was to post stuff to discuss, and thats what i did. So you coming in here and posting, just adds justification for me on posting the article, thanks.

24. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

To be honest, you can flash your jailbroken phone in a genius' face, go home and restore it and go to any other Apple store (or the same one with a different genius) and get warranty service.

So unless Apple creates some sort of logging tool or creates a hardware fuse similar to what HTC did with the Nexus One, Apple really has no bite to go with their bark.

It's more of a deterrent for people who don't read around places like this. ;)

25. nora47 thread starter macrumors regular

dont be surprised if apple hasnt been working on something similar to the nexus one's and is ready to have it in place with the iphone fourth generation and OS 4.0

by the way, thanks for actually adding to the discussion and not flaming me for posting old useless news like everybody else

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.