Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NoStopN

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
Murfreesboro, TN
Best Buy is probably sitting on a lot of stock that was purchased after 4.3.3 came out. No telling when those will run out. Apple stores probably keep low stock, so they get replenished often & those have newer firmware.

cannibalflea

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2011
Just a question for people who got their iPad 2 and had 4.3.3 on it. What was the production week on your device? You can check it by typing in your serial here: http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html . I just got a wifi + 3G iPad for my sister as a gift (sold almost everything I owned to do this) and after checking the serial it say it was on made on the 29th week of production. My search releaved that week 28 was okay. No one has said if week 29 was okay as well. So I was wondering if others can report on this.

PS: I guess I can open it to make sure and return it, I got it two days ago at Futureshop. But I want it to be sealed when I give it to her.

sbddude

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2010
Nor Cal, USA
just a question for people who got their ipad 2 and had 4.3.3 on it. What was the production week on your device? You can check it by typing in your serial here: http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html . I just got a wifi + 3g ipad for my sister as a gift (sold almost everything i owned to do this) and after checking the serial it say it was on made on the 29th week of production. My search releaved that week 28 was okay. No one has said if week 29 was okay as well. So i was wondering if others can report on this.

Ps: I guess i can open it to make sure and return it, i got it two days ago at futureshop. But i want it to be sealed when i give it to her.

2011-27

FeaRThiS

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2011
Jailbreaking DOES void your warranty if you restore your firmware apple would never know so your warranty would remail but if as an example you overclocked you ipad and fried the cpu the jailbreak would still be on your ipad and could potentially void your warranty if apple checked without swapping it first.

Pjon

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2011
Yes just go to jailbreakme.com on 4.3.3 to JB it.

But keep this in mind

Apple Doesn't sign 4.3.3 anymore so if you didn't had your shsh saved like 3-4 weeks ago you can still JB it but if your iPad crash and you need to restore it will restore to 4.3.5 and loose the JB

Question: Just got a ipad 2 (FW 4.3.3) today but I have not jb it. I will soon but I can't save the shsh anymore ?

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
Question: Just got a ipad 2 (FW 4.3.3) today but I have not jb it. I will soon but I can't save the shsh anymore ?

apple is no longer signing 4.3.3 so you can't save that SHSH. you asked this before and that question was answered, even acknowledged by yourself in the following post.

Still have not got the ipad 2 jb yet . But I have 110% the shsh is not saved anymore because apple not sign in the 4.3.3 . So I guess we all have to wait for the next Jailbreak or maybe there a hack to sign in 4.3.3. hahaha.....

By the way this is going to be my first ipad 2 jb what website should I brows to make sure it a jail break ipad ?
again - you can still JB the ipad, but if you ever have to restore the firmware, you won't be able to go back to 4.3.3., thus you lose the ability to JB it again. so be careful what you do with the JB'd ipad because if you ever have to restore, your firmware will be on 4.3.5 since you don't have the 4.3.3 SHSH.

Last edited:

Pjon

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2011
apple is now longer signing 4.3.3 so you can't save that SHSH. you asked this before and that question was answered, even acknowledged by yourself in the following post.

again - you can still JB the ipad, but if you ever have to restore the firmware, you won't be able to go back to 4.3.3., thus you lose the ability to JB it again. so be careful what you do with the JB'd ipad because if you ever have to restore, your firmware will be on 4.3.5 since you don't have the 4.3.3 SHSH.

Got cha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.