Jailbreaking - where do I begin?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by zooby, Dec 11, 2010.

1. zooby, Dec 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

3. zooby, Dec 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017

zooby thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

5. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

limera1n is a popular method because of it's simplicity. I've done it on dozens of devices without an issue.

6. stockscalper macrumors 6502a

stockscalper

Goto iclarified dot com and read the tutorials. They give step by step instructions on jailbreaking using the various methods that are available for each phone and OS.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

1+ if you haven't done the most basic research then I suggest not Jailbreaking. just start reading till you feel comfortable. btw google and the search here are awesome!

Greenpois0in-Limera1n use the same exploit! some like one some like the other! and yet others like both!

but you haven't said what device you have, what your goals are etc so helping is difficult. but searching will help you any way Ie 3gs or iphone 4 jailbreak 4.1 how! start reading.

8. Happytodd macrumors regular

Reading was what I done when I first joined this community. It can be a little scary Jailbreaking when you don't know what your doing. I screwed up the first time and had to rejailbreak...

Both downloads are straight forward, I used Greenpoison for my iPhone 4.

GreenPois0n Download: http://www.greenpois0n.com/
    Limera1n Download: http://www.limera1n.com/

I suggest you to watch a youtube video of how to do it, and read more about Jailbreaking and the benefits that come with it.

9. dylanursula macrumors 6502

Staci.

I too was new about a month ago and thanks to the amazing folks here have learnt a lot and 99% of people are great when u are stuck instead of pointing fingers ;)

I would use Limera1n it's fool proof and then the things I really like was different themes, SB Settings, 3G unrestrictor and mywi

Enjoy