Jailbroken 4S 5.1.1 (Verizon) and no service?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Devilicus, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Devilicus macrumors newbie

When the Absinthe jailbreak was first released, I successfully used the 2.0.1 version to jailbreak my Verizon 4S running 5.1.1. For the first few hours everything seemed fine; then by the end of the night I had completely lost service on the phone and could not reconnect. It started off with lower bars and 3G dropping out, and eventually escalated to losing service entirely. I ended up restoring and that solved the problem but miss being jailbroken and am considering trying again. Was this just a random glitch that probably won't reoccur? Or is this a common problem that can be fixed? The only Cydia apps I had installed were LockInfo, IntelliscreenX, Five Icon Dock, and the one that puts contact photos next to contacts (Cyntacts?). Any one have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

2. Devilicus thread starter macrumors newbie

Bump. Any ideas? Would really like to try jailbreaking again but don't want to repeat the same issues

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Did you restore from back-up? Don't that normally screws things up. Forgot to say, I doubt it was the jailbreak. A jailbreak issue normally occurs right after the process, not weeks after. You must've done something without realizing it.

4. Devilicus thread starter macrumors newbie

I did restore from a backup after jailbreaking, so maybe you're right and that was the problem. But it happened only a few hours after jailbreaking, not a few weeks later, in case I didn't make that clear.

5. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

Pop out the sim card and reinsert. See if that does anything.