Jailbroken iPhone with organized, simple look

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mz100, Feb 15, 2011.

1. mz100 macrumors regular

When I got my iPhone 4 I loved it. The Screen was incredible, it was fast, and everything was so fluid.

The OS and UI was incredible, however I never thought about JB the phone.

However, those who are thinking about Jailbreaking for the functionality and still want to keep Apple's nice organized and fluid look, check out my setup:

I came from and Android phone and it was nice, but still second to IOS imo.
    One thing I liked was the lock screen.

Instead of having to slide to unlock and enter in a code, I have the android lock screen pattern, it saves a lot of time believe it or not.

Status Bar
    Using Activator, in any application or the homescreen I can swype to the left or right to either play the next song or the previous song, Double tapping the status bar will play/pause the song. Also when I reach down from the status bar (only an inch or so) it brings up the multitasking bar.

BiteSMS
    Worth every penny, allows you to respond to text messages while in an app without leaving. Also allows for in depth customization of alerts, texting, and notification settings.

Photos
    with photoalbums+ you can create a photo albums from the phone, move/copy photos to folders and have passwords protecting the album. Everything looks very apple like as well.

Folders
    Folderenhancer brings folders to a new level. It gives you the ability to add as many apps as you want to each folder, and you can scroll left or right (like the homescreen scrolling), or up and down also with the stock folder settings there is an animation and it takes a second for the folders to open up, with this it is instant. Also you can put folders in folders.

Dock
    Infinity dock lets you have up to 8 apps in your dock, and lets you scroll through it. very fluid, and fast.

IconRenamer
    Does what it says very easily.

I know the thread seems pointless, but Jailbreaking is awesome and adds a ton of functionality and still allows you to keep an organized look. Android boasts about customization, but doesn't look as nice as IOS.

2. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

many people are scared to JB for some strange reason but the majority of people that do JB say its the best thing theyve ever done to their phone, I agree.

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

We're not scared, we just don't think it's worth the trouble.

I don't care if other people jailbreak but I do get tired of being told there's something wrong with me again and again.

4. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

I've jailbroken my phone 3 times b/c I think I'm going to utilize the extra functionality but each time I end up going back to the basic iOS walled garden. Jailbreaking is good for some but it 100%, without question, affects performance. Granted it could be better or worse depending on what JB apps you install but a standard iPhone is more stable and has a cleaner feel to it overall. Cydia is an absolute mess of a store and there are only 3-4 apps that I think are worth jailbreaking for in the first place (BiteSMS, Intelliscreen, & SBSettings come to mind).

5. kre62 macrumors 68020

Recent jailbreaks 100% do not affect performance. Plus with the new tweak FakeClockUp, you can double the performance/speed of your iphone with no battery hit. There is literally 0 reason to not jailbreak at this point. my grandparents have jb phones.

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

How about wanting to read iBooks you've purchased? ;)

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I'm glad people like to jailbreak, but for me the stock iPhone meets all of my needs and requirements.

8. kre62 macrumors 68020

The fix is already done. So my statement stands.

9. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

Your needs and requirements are shared by a few minority.

A stock iPhone is like a cripple in a dance contest.

10. kre62 macrumors 68020

I think people jsut dont realize what they can do with a jb.

FakeClockUp, which doubles the phones speed, is reason enough. Everytime I show someone how my phone runs, they are falling over themselves to get me to jb their phone, they cant get it done quick enough. I mean stuanch anti jb people instantly froth at the mouth.

11. RuggedPro macrumors regular

WOWZA! That's a statement right there. lmfao. :rolleyes:

You truly believe the majority of people need and/or require a JB iphone to feel like their dancing with the prom queen as opposed to a cripple? Broad, overreaching, ********... all terms that come to mind.

I'm dead ready to JB my iphone the second the stock form can't do what I request of it.

12. kre62 macrumors 68020

you sound like a flipphone user trying to get someone to convince you to get an iphone. You don't know what youre missing. Try someones phone with the speed tweak I mentioned installed.

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I don't care if my needs are in the minority. And somehow I really doubt that there are more jailbroken iPhone than stock iPhones.:rolleyes:

14. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

+1 for Fakeclockup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mfCs98MqvZU#at=188

15. ctbear macrumors 6502a

I'm sure the stock experience is good enough for most people, but trust me, there is way more than that with JB :) So why not get the most possible?
    Anyways on topic...

Activator:
    Status bar - swipe left/right for SBSettings. Swipe down for Lockinfo/Infoshade.
    Swipe up from bottom - reveal task switcher

Lockinfo:
    Seriously, this is what Apple should have done ages ago.

BiteSMS:
    Quick List for notification on status bar. Quick Reply is turned off by default, but I set it to activate when I press on the notification in Lockinfo.

SnowCover4:
    Quick gesture control for music

FakeClockUp:
    Do I need to explain?

TV Tube Sleep:
    No explanation needed either :D

16. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

The only reason why there aren't more jailbroken iPhones because the masses have been dumbed down into thinking the iPhone in its current state is "good enough" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I see, everyone who doesn't agree with you is part of the ignorant masses huh?

18. RuggedPro macrumors regular

Good one. :rolleyes: I've been "warned" on this forum around 4 times for smashing nerds like you so in the vein of self preservation, I'll leave you to your delusions of superiority and massive size of netcock. :rolleyes:

19. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

It has been fixed. Yesterday.

Actually, a stock iPhone is still good, but it will, obviously, have less features than a jailbroken iphone.

20. kre62 macrumors 68020

Yeah, smashing people. Good one bro. Trust me, no one is impressed, or intimidated, by you.

21. Eluxman macrumors newbie

Question about JB

Ok I'm new here & been reading about JB my phone i have a Verizon IPhone it's running 4.2.6 it been updated one time already I really don't know what changed from the first update. Is it ok to JB it ? With 4.2.6
    Thanks great site

22. Fugue macrumors 6502

23. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I was hesitant at first but, once I did it, can never go back to a stock setup again. BiteSMS and SBSettings alone are worth jailbreaking for.

24. cloakedpegasus macrumors member

Nope. Better check. Yep, you just peed.