General Jaku Icons

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Nsomnia34, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Nsomnia34 macrumors regular

I was on the Jaku Community Icons website and found a bunch of icons I want to download but I cant figure out how to download them. Also cant figure out where to insert them in the phone using i-funbox. Im still kinda new to jailbreaking and learning everything. Thanks for the help.

2. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Is it this website? http://jakurepo.com/?page=all&redirected=true
    Just click on the one you want then it'll take you to the source where you can save it.

App store apps are in /var/mobile/Applications. I'm gonna use my 1password app as an example. /var/movile/Applications/1Password/1Password.app/ and the file name for this apps icon is App-iPhoneIcon@2x.png so either delete that or rename it so you can give that name to the icon you want to replace it with. Other apps might have different names for their app icon like icon@2x.png

Cydia and stock apps are found in /var/stash/Applications.xxxxxx

3. Nsomnia34 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you very much for your help. I've been changing icons all day. Too much in fact that my eyes are starting to hurt. I was wondering on some of the icons I downloaded have a background behind it and I'm not sure if they will work normally. Thanks again for the help, I'm learning more each day about jailbreaking my phone.

4. Nsomnia34 thread starter macrumors regular

I wasnt using the Jaku theme but I bought it now. I don't like the background behind the icons in the folders. I have been trying for a while to get rid of it but can't seem to find it. Does anyone have any idea where in the theme it's located so I can change it?

5. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Try renaming FolderSwitcherBG@2x.png and FolderSwitcherBG@2x~iphone.png found in theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard

6. Nsomnia34 thread starter macrumors regular

7. Yaelism macrumors newbie

Helppp

So while I understand how and where to replace the icons - I still don't understand how to get the icon image by jaku into ifile. I tried to do "copy" via my email and. Via jaku's site and then paste insider ifile but it doesnt work. Where do I store the icon so I can cut and paste them inside ifile?!?!? Thanks:)

8. doasis23 macrumors regular

doasis23

Bump
    Same question

9. rshroff2 macrumors 6502

FINALLY!!! I've been trying to get this to work for the past few days and i couldn't figure it out! This makes me so happy! Thank you!

----------

Use SSH. A really good description and how to is below:

http://www.simonblog.com/2009/05/17/how-to-use-ssh-to-transfer-file-on-iphone/

10. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

It's much easier to use iPhone explorer or Phoneview.

11. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

In \Library\Themes\2. Jaku Essentials are a listing of all the apps for which there are Jaku icons.

It's better to place the icons in there, creating new folders as needed, rather than replacing the icon in the app itself.

12. rshroff2 macrumors 6502

If we do it this way, what are we supposed to do to activate the icon? Just Respring or Reboot?

13. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Respring.

14. rshroff2 macrumors 6502

This way isnt working for me using iExplorer.

Root-->Library-->Themes-->Jaku Essentials-->Bundles

I tried to replace the Pandora icon and it wont work even after respring

15. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

It has to be exactly the same i.e. icon@2x.png is not the same as Icon@2x.png

16. rshroff2 macrumors 6502

17. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

If you add the folder to Bundles, the same capitalization rules apply.

18. rshroff2 macrumors 6502

I just put it in the same folder the other icon was in and removed the old one

19. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Hmm, I just looked on mine. It should be working after a respring. Unless that folder is wrong - I did find a few like that when I was going through and theming all my icons.

20. rshroff2 macrumors 6502

You mean how they named the folder is wrong? But pandora's icon is themed so how could it be wrong then?

21. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Yeah, I found a couple like that, but if the icon is themed, then I don't know what it could be - I don't have pandora installed.

22. doasis23 macrumors regular

doasis23

ok tx. I got it working with phoneview. When I use iexplorer it just shows a sheet of paper and i cant edit it. To make the change I had to go into winterboard desekect janku essentials respring and then select it again and respring.

What happens if you do it with a stock app like phone and delete the original pic?

23. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

If you delete the icon from the jaku theme folder, it should revert to the original icon.

24. doasis23 macrumors regular

doasis23

Thanks
    One more ?? How do you change apps that are not listed in the folder?

25. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Using iFunbox, scroll up to user applications, find the app, right-click and select app inspection. Copy the app id (com.whatever.whatever).

In the Bundles folder, create a new folder, name it with the app id, then paste the icon into that folder.

The folder and the icon name are case sensitive.