Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

large farva

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Melbourne, FL
Note: I created this thread for the 27" iMac orders, simply because they are the ones that are having the delays and issues and such. But if you ordered a 21.5" and you wanna go ahead and include yours, feel free! iMac's UNITE! lol

Hey all. Thought I would start a thread for all of the folks that have placed orders for their iMacs in January. I haven't seen an "Ordered in January" thread, I've only seen a "Team January" thread for folks with January delivery estimates. Hopefully people will be able to use this thread to help them out a bit and see how other people's orders are progressing that were ordered around the same time.

Post your system specifications. You location (for example, I'm in Melbourne, FL in the US), what date and time you placed your order, and current order status. Include as much information as you would like, such as shipping options and such. If you post to this thread, try to keep us all updated on your progress that way it might put some people anxious minds at ease.

I'll start out......

I placed my order on January 10th, around 10:00am EST. I'm located in Melbourne, FL in the U.S.

System Specs:
- 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 Processor
- 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM (I'll be replacing with 32GB of Crucial RAM)
- 1TB 7200rpm Serial ATA Hard Drive
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5 GPU
- Apple Magic Mouse / Apple Wireless Keyboard

This week I am purchasing an Apple SuperDrive, Apple TV and possibly, possibly, AirPort Express (either that or I'm going to add my laser printer to the WiFi Network so I can print from this computer in the other room, because that's the PC I use for my Stamps.com software, no Stamps.com software for Mac yet, which SUCKS!). I'm going to also buy AppleCare, once I'm satisfied with the computer I have, as I don't want to go through any issues if I SHOULD have to return the original iMac should it be defective or what have you.

Last edited:

lukeniknak

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2013
Why only for 27"? :(

I ordered my 21.5" (standard model) with a USB Superdrive on Jan 12th. It went into preparing for shipment this morning and I should imagine by the evening it will have gone into dispatched :D

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
January 9th. UK.

3.4 i7 8Gb Ram 1TB fusion 675 ( though regret it like hell, wish I had ordered the 680. Just cannot bring myself to wait any longer by changing spec now)

Currently 'processing'

Expected del 6-13th feb

Last edited:

Dave26

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
UK
i ordered a 27" on January 7th at around 10am (specs below) my order still says "processing" I'm in the UK WestMidlands area. And i ordered with university student discount (UK HE Agreement).

3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz

16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2X8GB

3TB Fusion Drive

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5

Apple Magic Mouse + Magic Trackpad

Apple Wireless Keyboard (British) & User's Guide (English)

Apple Battery Charger and USB Superdrive

Accessory Kit

I was wondering if the configure orders take longer, i've seen no movement on mine since the day i ordered it (January 7th). It says January for dispatch date.

large farva

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Melbourne, FL
January 9th. UK.

3.4 i7 8Gb Ram 1TB fusion 675 ( though regret it like hell, wish I had ordered the 680. Just cannot bring myself to wait any longer by changing spec now)

If you really want the 680MX GPU, you should call Apple, rather than making the change through the website, if you are worried about losing your spot in line. I've heard from a couple of people who changed their orders during processing by calling Apple, and the rep said that they would make it so they wouldn't lose their spot in line or be bumped to the back. I would seriously give Apple a call and just see what they say, and find out what they can do for you.

----------

I ordered my 21.5" (standard model) with a USB Superdrive on Jan 12th. It went into preparing for shipment this morning and I should imagine by the evening it will have gone into dispatched :D

The reason I really created the thread for the 27" iMac orders, is because the 27" iMacs are the ones people are mainly freaking out about, because of the longer delay and longer wait. So I wanted other 27" iMac buyers to be able to get the latest from other 27" iMac buyers, because they are in the same time frame. Where as your 21.5" has a 7-10 day ship time. BTW that's freaking awesome that it already went to prepping for shipment. I wish us 27" iMac buyers got ours to progress that quickly, lol. If you want to add you 21.5" it's fine. I don't discriminate, lol.

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
If you really want the 680MX GPU, you should call Apple, rather than making the change through the website, if you are worried about losing your spot in line. I've heard from a couple of people who changed their orders during processing by calling Apple, and the rep said that they would make it so they wouldn't lose their spot in line or be bumped to the back. I would seriously give Apple a call and just see what they say, and find out what they can do for you.

I have. No go. Only able to cancel order and start again

Tbh. It's for resale ease and price . It *probably* won't affect me. I don't game. But I do use some graphic intensive design software for work.

large farva

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Melbourne, FL
i ordered a 27" on January 7th at around 10am (specs below) my order still says "processing" I'm in the UK WestMidlands area. And i ordered with university student discount (UK HE Agreement).

•
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2X8GB
•
3TB Fusion Drive
•
•
•
•
Apple Battery Charger and USB Superdrive
•
Accessory Kit

I was wondering if the configure orders take longer, i've seen no movement on mine since the day i ordered it (January 7th). It says January for dispatch date.

I am not sure whether the configure orders come first or not. I know some stores have been getting display/demo models, and I've heard on here that some of the Apple stores have been getting a few here and there. I think they may be a little mixed in with the Build To Order orders, because most of the ones being delivered to the Apple Stores are actually Build To Order models, with either maxed out specs, or some portions upgraded. I did hear from somewhere that Build To Order orders, from Apple Store Online have been getting built and shipped first. I think it may be that Apple is trying to take care of their own first, meaning, build the ones that have already been ordered and have a customer on the other end, versus just wasting time building standard spec models to ship to Best Buy and such. Who knows really. I HAVE seen that some of the UK orders have been arriving pretty quick, when I was checking out that Late-2012 27" iMac Delivery Table. You see more European orders being shipped/delivered than US orders around the same order date.

----------

I have. No go. Only able to cancel order and start again

Tbh. It's for resale ease and price . It *probably* won't affect me. I don't game. But I do use some graphic intensive design software for work.

I think you'll be fine really. Hey, worse case scenario, if you find that your GPU isn't able to keep up later on, like a month or so from now. Just take yours, list it on ebay (people are paying very decent money for Macs on ebay), and then purchase another iMac, this time with the 680MX. By then, chances are Apple will be all caught up on the orders and such and the 27" iMacs will have an "In-Stock" status or a "3-4 Day Shipment" status.

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
Ordered it on the 15th and it's STILL processing?!?

I would've ordered it earlier but I couldn't decide if I wanted to spend the money on Fusion.

I started off with...

1TB HDD
1TB Fusion
3TB HDD

I ended up ordering the 3TB Fusion with Apple Mice & Wire Keyboard. I also got Apple Care.

Dave26

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
UK
I am not sure whether the configure orders come first or not. I know some stores have been getting display/demo models, and I've heard on here that some of the Apple stores have been getting a few here and there. I think they may be a little mixed in with the Build To Order orders, because most of the ones being delivered to the Apple Stores are actually Build To Order models, with either maxed out specs, or some portions upgraded. I did hear from somewhere that Build To Order orders, from Apple Store Online have been getting built and shipped first. I think it may be that Apple is trying to take care of their own first, meaning, build the ones that have already been ordered and have a customer on the other end, versus just wasting time building standard spec models to ship to Best Buy and such. Who knows really. I HAVE seen that some of the UK orders have been arriving pretty quick, when I was checking out that Late-2012 27" iMac Delivery Table. You see more European orders being shipped/delivered than US orders around the same order date.

I ordered online on the 7th Jan (2 weeks today) still at the processing stage tho. Hope i see some movement soon. I think i'm also one of the last people to be getting the "January" dispatch estimate, it was later changed to 3-4 weeks.

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
I ordered online on the 7th Jan (2 weeks today) still at the processing stage tho. Hope i see some movement soon. I think i'm also one of the last people to be getting the "January" dispatch estimate, it was later changed to 3-4 weeks.

By my absolutely infallible (!!) calculations!
You will got to 'preparing' tomorrow

Um yeah! Don't sue me if I'm wrong though!

cgill421

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2013
Ordered January 12th at about 9am. Michigan.

Base 27" with 1TB Fusion as only upgrade.

Still processing. Delivery estimated for Feb 11-19. :rolleyes:

Dave26

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
UK
By my absolutely infallible (!!) calculations!
You will got to 'preparing' tomorrow

That would be great :)

Um yeah! Don't sue me if I'm wrong though!
No I won't sue promise haha, Ill just be glad when its here tho. I have to take a day off university so I do hope its soon.

mbpkid

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2011
imac 27" 2012 i7 1 tb fusion 680mx

ordered jan 1
preparing for shipment jan 17
shipped jan 18
out for delivery 5 minutes away from my house jan 21 (today)

im in los angeles, ca

drkmnx

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2013
Ordered January 7th
Washington DC

27'' 3.4GHz i7
1TB FD
GTX 680MX

Still Proccesing

Delivers Feb 1 - Feb 8

debuggr

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2010
Boston, MA
Ordered 2013-01-09. Still processing:

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

Delivery to Nashua, NH.

mushroomtip

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
27 inch iMac
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
3TB Fusion Drive
Magic Trackpad , Magic Mouse and a Super Drive
Apple Wireless Keyboard
AppleCare and 32 GB RAM upgrade to Come.

ordered jan. 16 , 9:55 pm est

Available to ship: 3 - 4 weeks
Delivers Feb 13 - Feb 21 by Standard Shipping

DrewDaHilp1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
All Your Memes Are Belong to US
27 inch iMac
3TB Fusion Drive
Magic Trackpad , Magic Mouse
Apple Wired keyboard

Order January 12
Expected Deliver Feb 11-19
Ohio

MacAlien

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2012
Boston

21.5" have a turn around of 7-10 days. 27" is 3-4 weeks... or whenever Apple actually processes them. ;)

27" i5
680MX
8GB
1TB HDD

Ordered Jan. 8th, Estimated Feb. 4-11

mlsiemon

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2008
ordered 1/1 at about 12:30 pm

3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1GB GDDR5
Apple Mouse
Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (English) & User's Guide

Oakland, CA

still "Processing"

OlMighty

macrumors member
May 18, 2012
Mine's due from the 14th Jan - can't wait so I've been making a list of things I want to buy/do before it gets here:

- Sort out broadband upgrade
- Buy RAM
- Look at speakers
- Buy desk
- Finish decorating office

cole01

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2008
Ordered the following specs on January 4th...seems I should be preparing for shipment soon (hopefully!)

27" 3.4ghz i7
680MX graphics
1TB Fusion

Miikejs22

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2013
Liverpool
Order on 9th Jan around midday.

3.4ghz i7
1TB Fusion
680mx
8GB RAM
Wireless mouse & trackpad
USB super drive

Estimated delivery is 6-13th Feb. Going to Liverpool, UK.

Can not wait to get my first mac!

Megaoctane

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2012
Norway
Order placed 16th January.
2.9 Ghz i5, 8 GB RAM, GTX 660M, 1TB Fusion Drive.
Estimated delivery 14-25 February.

AidenL

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2013
Ireland
And here I go, as posted in the UK / Euro thread also :)

Ireland here !

Ordered 27-inch iMac, Saturday 19th January......

Dispatched: 3 - 4 weeks

Delivers: 21 Feb, 2013 - 22 Feb, 2013 by Standard Shipping

With the following configuration:

3TB Fusion Drive

Apple Battery Charger

Accessory Kit

And 16 Gb of Ram on order from Crucial also for when the waiting is over..... :apple:

JotaPe

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
Ordered by an ex-pat Brit in Mexico

iMac 27"
Quad core Intel Core i7 de 3.4 GHz, Turbo Boost de hasta 3.9 GHz
32 GB de SDRAM DDR3 de 1600 MHz - 4 x 8 GB
Fusion Drive de 3 TB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2 GB GDDR5
Teclado inalámbrico Apple (Inglès) & Guìa del usuario (Español)
Time Capsule - 3 TB
Apple TV Accessory Kit

Yes I overpaid for the RAM but living in Mexico it was my only option:(

Ordered 8th Jan 2013 and been "processing" ever since....expected 5th -13th Feb 2013

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.