Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
FadeToBlack said:
Wow, that's running on a small HD. I had Panther running on my old Lombard and it had a 4.5GB HD with like 2GB free, I believe.

Yeah, a clean Panther install with nothing selected took 8 minutes and took only 1.4GB leaving 1.2 free. Then I did the Tiger upgrade and that left ~800 left. Now I think it has 711 after I installed a few things. That's all I'm installing though so the 3GB HD should be OK. Really cool having another Tiger machine to use though, even if it IS in 800x600. :)

FadeToBlack

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
Accoville, WV
ITASOR said:
Yeah, a clean Panther install with nothing selected took 8 minutes and took only 1.4GB leaving 1.2 free. Then I did the Tiger upgrade and that left ~800 left. Now I think it has 711 after I installed a few things. That's all I'm installing though so the 3GB HD should be OK. Really cool having another Tiger machine to use though, even if it IS in 800x600. :)

:D Yeah, 800x600 sucks. Even though they have crappy resolutions, the clamshells are still cool, though.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
FadeToBlack said:
:D Yeah, 800x600 sucks. Even though they have crappy resolutions, the clamshells are still cool, though.

Strong as a tank, I love the design. Would I buy that design if they made it again? NO WAY. The iBook G4 design is SO much better, but the clamshell with the cool handle is good for entertainment and sometimes around the house usage.

FadeToBlack

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
Accoville, WV
ITASOR said:
Strong as a tank, I love the design. Would I buy that design if they made it again? NO WAY. The iBook G4 design is SO much better, but the clamshell with the cool handle is good for entertainment and sometimes around the house usage.

Yeah, the handle is awesome! I agree that the iBook G4 has a better design, though. The clamshell still looks cool, but I definitely prefer the looks of the newer iBooks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.