January Updated...Refunded for asking!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PKGuy323, Jan 25, 2008.

1. PKGuy323 macrumors newbie

I tried the JailBreaking and frankly was nervous about having to "re-break" and honestly want to have legit software that is supported on my new iTouch.

When I first heard of the new Upgrade, I was ok with it and bought it. When it was announced it would be added to iTouches from the factory, yet early adopters woudl pay for it, that wasn't right.

So, I emailed customer service the following:

I purchased the January Update just to find that these features will be added to current and future sales of iPod Touches at no additional cost or required download. As a new iPod owner coming from using other brands, I was excited about the exceptional experience I was going to have after spending $399 on this device and enjoying the iTunes offerings...

I am disappointed that this is my first experience with Apple and while $20 isn't alot of money, it communicates the wrong idea to your customers....

Would you consider refunding my charge as a goodwill gesture to a new Apple iPod touch owner?

I received a response in 24 hours and a refund was initiated to my PayPal account....and i get to keep the update.

Way to go, Apple! One satisfied customer!

2. Pippen Man macrumors regular

I was, too, totally blessed by the Apple Support Team. I downloaded the update the moment it was available, and, shocking shocking, it didn't work. Tried a few times, no luck. So I called up Apple, got on the phone with a very polite service member. I told him my story, he apologized and sad that everything is mad chaos here and that he'll gladly refund my $20.

About two days later, lo and behold! I plugged my iPod in, and it said "Downloading January Software Update for iPod touch"! So, I also got the App Pack for free. :D:apple:

3. Resist macrumors 68030

I emailed them and got nothing, not even a reply. What email address did you use to contact them?

4. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

I emailed them and got an as per an agreement we cannot refund you the money......

5. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

I accidently bought it twice (no idea how, they should have something to protect from that) so I emailed them, and got my refund no problem idk I think $20 was okay, as long as if they add other things it will not be another $20..

6. Resist macrumors 68030

7. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

what e-mail did you send it to, i have other problems, and i CANT find even one e-mail for apple...

8. rausda27 macrumors newbie

I sent an email very similiar to yours to Apple support. I received an email today saying they are refunding $19.99. Thanks for the great idea!!!

9. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

WHAT EMAIL DID YOU USE!!!!

i need my $20 back:(

10. rausda27 macrumors newbie

11. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

12. cyberfreakct38 macrumors newbie

well why not just make the update free? That still puzzles me why apple won't just make it free

13. ndheah macrumors regular

Email sent, I'll post my findings when I get an update.

14. Resist macrumors 68030

I can't believe it, after emailing Apple several times asking for my $20 back and them telling me no each time, I got a refund today! In Apple's last email to me they said they were happy to refund me the $20. It pays to complain! Way to go Apple.

15. mrweirdo macrumors 6502

I emailed them yesterday as well and I to was able to get my money back :)
    I think the trick is to be nice about it but them know your disappointed about having to pay for the update.

16. BassistKing1 macrumors member

i jailbroke my ipod touch and used the installer to install the apps for free :p and no i didnt need to go through apple email support or phone them or even use itunes! :D

17. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

In most cases, if you tell them you bought you're iPod touch after Jan 15th, they will refund the application pack no problem.

18. one1 macrumors 65816

Apple E-mail support is just like Apple stores. It very much depends on where you go as to what you get in return for your efforts. While I'd like to see uniformity across the board, as long as I know where to go to get help I am good to go. I have an email and a phone number directly into apple corporate that I use for a Corporate Executive Relations representative when I have trouble and things get done overnight. I'm always polite, with a reasonable complaint. Within 2 days whatever it is, is fixed. Hardware or otherwise.

19. coledog macrumors 6502a

coledog

20. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

I tried to get my money back but they told me that there was an agreement that when I downloaded the apps, I agreed to not be able to get that money back.

What a joke..

21. starprincess8 macrumors newbie

starprincess8

I just sent an email, so lets see what happens!

22. calvin2006 macrumors regular

I didn't get my money back, but I got 3 video credits and 5 song credits from Apple. That's about half-off the update.

23. nhamze macrumors member

I just got my reply they gave me a 5 song credit. It is better than nothing I guess.

24. chall5 macrumors regular

25. Joshh1 macrumors regular

Joshh1

Same here.

To be honest, I don't even care about the $20.. I'd just like a response.