Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FortWorthMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
the parched earth of North Texas
Hello all,

I have a friend that has jailbroken several iPhones so he's familiar with the process. However everyone he's done been for people that have Windows PC's. And he of course is running Windows on his laptop.

I on the other hand have a Mac. If he JB's my phone, will I then have any trouble syncing back up to iTunes on my Mac?

Any finally, we both work nights and he will probably do it at work. He says it takes about 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion am I able to use the phone immediately or will I have to resync with iTunes before the phone will work?

Thanks
David

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
An ipod is detected by ituns (macside) regardless of what OS you use to jailbreak.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Hello all,

I have a friend that has jailbroken several iPhones so he's familiar with the process. However everyone he's done been for people that have Windows PC's. And he of course is running Windows on his laptop.

I on the other hand have a Mac. If he JB's my phone, will I then have any trouble syncing back up to iTunes on my Mac?

Any finally, we both work nights and he will probably do it at work. He says it takes about 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion am I able to use the phone immediately or will I have to resync with iTunes before the phone will work?

Thanks
David

Sync to a Mac will be the same as in Windows. No hitch there. After jailbreaking your phone is like nothing ever happened, other than magically a new icon appeared in the Springboard. (if he used QuickPwn)

If he does use Pwnage, it'll take a resync to your Mac.

avediswolf

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2008
Ohio
I'll confirm it works fine.
I JB my iPhone on Windows before I got my MacBook, and when I started using the MacBook, everything was fine. No Worries. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.