JB Apps that slow down your IP4 *list*

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
Hey guys,

I was curious to making a long of all JB apps that are currently causing bogging of the UI. Notice any problems? Performace issues? Do you know where it's coming from?

List it!!!

Thanks.

This should help people when making a choice; understanding the Pros and Cons.

tesilential

macrumors regular
May 9, 2010
Activator or SBSettings, double clicking "sleep" button causes screen to flash on and off.

Can be temporarily mediated by setting activator gesture "double press sleep button" to "Lock/Unlock" function.

Therefore 3 clicks of sleep button. click<pause>ClickClick, and you go from homescreen to lockscreen back to homescreen.

Everyone with SBSettings installed probably has this issue.

iphonedude123

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
infinifolders causes a slight (about half a second to a second) slowdown when clicking on a folder. considering its value though, i can live with it :)

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
The OP asked what apps bog the phone down; not what apps have problems. We already have a thread with links that describes problem apps and apps that work (there aren't many yet). I haven't installed Winterboard, but I would assume that'll cause lag. None of the apps I've installed have caused lag or reduced battery life. (cydelete, MyWi, iFile, recent call delete, sysinfoplus, mobile terminal 426)

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
The OP asked what apps bog the phone down; not what apps have problems. We already have a thread with links that describes problem apps and apps that work (there aren't many yet). I haven't installed Winterboard, but I would assume that'll cause lag. None of the apps I've installed have caused lag or reduced battery life. (cydelete, MyWi, iFile, recent call delete, sysinfoplus, mobile terminal 426)
Yeah, Winterboard always used to slow my phone down, but it seems to cause less of a problem on iOS4 even on a 3GS. Of course I am not really using it much. Still, it should be even less on an iPhone 4.

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
Activator or SBSettings, double clicking "sleep" button causes screen to flash on and off.

Can be temporarily mediated by setting activator gesture "double press sleep button" to "Lock/Unlock" function.

Therefore 3 clicks of sleep button. click<pause>ClickClick, and you go from homescreen to lockscreen back to homescreen.

Everyone with SBSettings installed probably has this issue.
Yes I have a whole thread on this,
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/984558/

Please see the link on the second page that links to the Activator's developer site and vote/comment on the issue so we can have it resolved, please

Thanks
AE

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.