JB iPad....touch screen less responsive?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by CrAkD, Jun 27, 2010.

1. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

my 32g wifi ipad has been jailbroken since Spirit has been out. Mostly working fine but lately I dunno if its me or what but it seems like I have to hit the screen 2-3 times to make selections in menus etc. scrolling seems to still be ok tho so im guessing its some type of software lag. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. fletch33 macrumors regular

fletch33

not sure if you turn yours off ever but if you do you need to respring after a power cycle and it works again as it should.

3. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

im not sure what you are after here - YMMV with those things.

4. BigdaddyMBP macrumors newbie

I also have noticed this less responsiveness to tapping since jailbreaking...

5. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

I couldn't really tell you for sure since I jail broke mine almost immediately. Best thing I ever did to my iPad. Having multitasking now is so sweet. I would guess it's more from the screen needing cleaning than anything else. I have no complaints in sensitivity on my jail broken iPad.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

When you make a claim or an observation such as this, you need to logically explain what else you have done since you 'jail broke' your device, rather than simply point at the JB itself as the culprit.

What application and system files have you loaded with cydia, what tasks are you running, are you utilizing themes, , instalous, app sync, backgrounder, infinidock etc....

The chances are that if you are experiencing anything different from normal un jail broke experience in regards to touch or battery then it is the subsequent software / hacks you have applied and not the JB itself.

It also would help when asking if other users are sharing your experience if you did list everything you have installed so that users with similar setup can respond. Otherwise it's simply a case of finding needles in a haystack.

7. CrAkD thread starter macrumors 68040

CrAkD

Not much.

Sneshd
    Backgrounder
    Lockinfo
    Sbsettings
    Psx4all
    Frash (installed now not when I made this thread)

No themes.

It's def something as it comes and gos. Last week for a few days I couldn't tap or zoom at all in safari with a certain part of the screen. Thought it was hardware now it's working fine.

8. aohus macrumors 68000

i notice after JB, if you go into safari, you have to touch a button a little below the actual button. same with clicking on the URL bar, i have to click a little underneath the bar. anyone else have this issue? i believe its a known issue post JB.

9. Fidget08 macrumors regular

Fidget08

I have not noticed this at all. I have noticed that every once in a while i will scroll a little and the thinks i flicked really hard and shoots me to the bottom of the page. I dont know if the screen is dirty or what.

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well it could be a combination of things like backgrounded, other apps running with it, sb settings and lock info, when a combination is mixed in a certain way its causing the problems.

Lockinfo, SB Settings and Backgrounder are the ones in that mix which change the iPhone OS's functionality the most and therefore i would not be surprised if they were the prime suspects, but again they may only causer issue when certain conditions are met.

I have JB'd but have only categories / categories SB & 3G unrestrictor. I have no issues with lack of sensitivity / touch and never have had. But these apps are doing less to the system than those you are running.

The only thing I can suggest is you uninstall the three, and hope no remnants remain via cydia. See if the problem persists. If it does not, add each app in turn checking if issue has started until you find the culprit or combo of culprits causing it.

11. CrAkD thread starter macrumors 68040

CrAkD

Well I'm gonna uninstall lock info as the trials over and I'm not buying it again (already own it on my phone and it's not as necessary on my wifi iPad) it's been better since last week. But next time it starts acting up I'll try uninstalling items one by one. I may uninstall frash. Only things it works for is ads and the big flash icons just annoy me well surfing. Anyone know how to uninstall it?

12. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

That's a feature. If you scroll whilst in the middle of a previous scroll, it will add up the leftover momentum of the previous scroll with the momentum of the current scroll. So if you do several continuous scrolls, it will go rocket fast.

13. the_fellowship macrumors regular

try uninstalling OpenSSH if you have it installed

14. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

Is OpenSSH known to cause problems with touch sensitivity?

My iPad is jailbroken and I have also noticed some strange things going on with touch sensitivity... not very often though... just once in a while.

I don't have many jb apps.
    backgrounder
    sbsettings
    popup blocker
    open ssh
    maybe 1 or 2 more i am forgetting

15. the_fellowship macrumors regular

I had similar touch sensitivity issues after JB'ing my iPad and read somewhere that certain apps may be causing this, OpenSSH being one of these apps. So after uninstalling OpenSSH it improved. May not be the solution for everyone but it worked for me :)

16. EnterTheSwamp macrumors member

Jb mine and don't notice any problems whatsoever with it. It is as smooh as ever

17. CrAkD thread starter macrumors 68040

CrAkD

open ssh is kind of mandatory for me lol. im uploading a rom to ipad as we speak via ssh.

18. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Yes! I thought that it was a hardware issue until I saw this thread. I'm jailbroken too!.

19. klover macrumors 6502a

OpenSSH impacts my touchscreen accuracy big time. I installed, uninstalled OpenSSH a few times and the accuracy would come back everytime it was removed.

20. heavensblade23 macrumors regular

A lot of these so called jailbreaking effects are just placebo.

21. mixvio macrumors 6502

I haven't had any issue like this personally.

22. bluedog3401 macrumors regular

Does anyone know 'why' this might affect accuracy/performance of the touch interface. Its a background task that shouldn't affect performance 'much'. Or is the software simply polling and taking enough processor time to eat into performance (and also likely affect the battery life).

I've jailbroken from the day Spirit was released and never noticed a significant change in battery life other than when playing 3d graphic games which really hit the battery.

Any hints why the SSH daemon/install would affect the sensitivity?

23. mixvio macrumors 6502

I have no idea if OpenSSH affects the touchscreen but given how much it ****s up on the iPad in general it wouldn't surprise me if it does something. I get enough issues with it installed that I generally don't, unless I need to do something that necessitates it. In that case I reinstall it and remove it once I'm finished.

I really wish they would update it already.

24. felt. macrumors 6502a

Removing ssh seems to have restored some accuracy in the touchscreen. Thanks for the tip

25. aalh004 macrumors newbie

Yup! It is OpenSSH causing this! It was for me anyway :D