jb iPhone 4 4.1 crashes a lot

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by palckofv, Nov 2, 2010.

1. palckofv macrumors regular

Hello all. I have an iPhone 4 running 4.1 jailbroken with pwnage tool. I am getting a lot of crashing on my phone and I have to reboot it to get it working again. Apps like iheartradio, netflix, even things like safari and mail have crashed. I don't understand..I've done searches but I can't seem to find anything. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Restore and set up as new using the custom firmware. Never restore from a back-up.

3. palckofv thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for your reply. i meant to mention I've done a restore already, and chose set up as new phone

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

If you did that, then try creating another custom firmware, with just Cydia in it. Custom firmwares can become screwy if you add too much to them in the Pwnage settings.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Maybe you installed something buggy from cydia.
    Mine works fine on 4.1 with ipsw created with pwnage.

6. PrimaFacie macrumors newbie

I'm running 4.1 JB also, but I used greenpois0n. Apps crash about 2-3 times a day. There's no pattern to it ... any app could happen to crash.

7. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

Have you tried using CrashLog to identify exactly what is crashing? It can be very useful to identify the specific hack or app that is causing the instability...
    Don't just assume that because you see, for example, Safari crash, that it is Safari to blame. It very often isn't...
    CrashLog is your friend.

8. palckofv thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Yeah same for me. There's no pattern. It's annoying

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You need to rejailbreak and re-add apps until you find, which one is interfering with the others.

You also might want to list what JB apps you have.

10. palckofv thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Thanks! Gonna look into that