Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Wow. *fans self*

but why is she dribbling water down her chin?:confused:

...am I the only one who was amused by the fact that they listed who made each piece of clothing like the viewer cared? and who would spend $480 on a swim suit? :eek: :eek:

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
*shrug*

She doesn't do it for me, sorry.

And with that drink problem she'd be embarrassing to take anywhere!

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Is that really necessary.

Since I really don't care how a woman looks, yeah- it sure would be nice. Would it hurt her to at least try? ;) Keanu Reeves is hot, but he insults my intelligence. Therefore I see no need to look at him or see his movies.

But hey- as long as you're willing to give up the possibility of playing Scrabble with her...:)

combatcolin

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2004
Northants, UK
Since I really don't care how a woman looks, yeah- it sure would be nice. Would it hurt her to at least try? ;) Keanu Reeves is hot, but he insults my intelligence. Therefore I see no need to look at him or see his movies.

But hey- as long as you're willing to give up the possibility of playing Scrabble with her...:)

Susan Storm is meant to be an intelligent, attractive assertive woman even without her powers.

The film version is just teen pin up material.

Sorry, big comic fan and get annoyed sometimes.

She is very, very tasty though - just wrong for FF.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I would love to play Scrabble with her, I would always win and have something good too look at.:p

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Susan Storm is meant to be an intelligent, attractive assertive woman even without her powers.

The film version is just teen pin up material.

Sorry, big comic fan and get annoyed sometimes.

She is very, very tasty though - just wrong for FF.

What exactly was right about FF? It was a miserable film with an even worse cast.

combatcolin

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2004
Northants, UK
What exactly was right about FF? It was a miserable film with an even worse cast.

Er, The Thing was at least an actor and not CGI.

I had very low expectations when i borrowed the DVD and so was surprised that the film wasn't that bad, just not as good as X Men I % II, the standard bearers.

Got told off for the link - naughty schoolboy!

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Er, The Thing was at least an actor and not CGI.

I had very low expectations when i borrowed the DVD and so was surprised that the film wasn't that bad, just not as good as X Men I % II, the standard bearers.

Got told off for the link - naughty schoolboy!
I Netflixed the "FF" DVD and found that the "making of" story (among the extras on the DVD) was better than average. The movie itself was what you'd expect: popcorn fun for superhero fans, but not a movie you watch for the great acting or sophisticated drama. In that way, it was more like Daredevil than like X-Men or Spider-man.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
I Netflixed the "FF" DVD and found that the "making of" story (among the extras on the DVD) was better than average. The movie itself was what you'd expect: popcorn fun for superhero fans, but not a movie you watch for the great acting or sophisticated drama. In that way, it was more like Daredevil than like X-Men or Spider-man.

Daredevil wasn't even fun though. That was my favorite character ever and they made a joke of it. Ben Affleck? Hello? There isn't a comic book geek in the world who thinks Ben Affleck is cool. Come to think of it- No one thinks Ben Affleck is cool. :)

combatcolin

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2004
Northants, UK
That's not much of a plus, given that he just looked like a guy in an orange rubber suit. :) I don't know- they could have done so much more with it.

Well you could see the suit was restricting the actors movement, but i thought it was quite a good solution given the problem of bringing The Thing to live action.

His voice seemed weird to me, i always imagined Ben as having a deep voice as the Thing but that that deep.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Well you could see the suit was restricting the actors movement, but i thought it was quite a good solution given the problem of bringing The Thing to live action.

His voice seemed weird to me, i always imagined Ben as having a deep voice as the Thing but that that deep.

Hmm, well it was better than The Hulk I guess. And yeah- the voice was bizarre.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.