Jobs To Keynote MWSF '06

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

AppleInsider reports that IDG World Expo announced Steve Jobs will be the keynote speaker for MacWorld San Francisco at the Moscone Center on January 10, 2006.

MWSF keynote speeches are typically a forum for Apple to make consumer-level product announcements, with last year's address releasing the Mac mini and iPod shuffle, along with iLife '05 and iWork.

As always, MacRumors.com will attempt to provide live coverage from the keynote speech, although recent media events by Apple have been in locations with blocked communications channels limiting only specific media outlets to provide coverage. If you are planning to attend the keynote speech, please contact us.

AoWolf

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
Daytona Beach
I think we all expected this. It is however good news. The big question is what is he gonna launch :) I hope we get a good leopard preview.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Excellent! and predictable!

Is Leopard going to be uncaged in fall 2007? I think Steve will wait until WWDC 06 to do a complete preview of Leopard.

PoshSpod

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2005
Macrumors said:
MWSF keynote speeches are typically a forum for Apple to make consumer-level product announcements, with last year's address releasing the Mac mini and iPod shuffle, along with iLife '05 and iWork.
iLife '06 I hope!

Epicurus

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
I don't think we'll see any hint of 10.5 at a Macworld, just a typical recap of the amazing Christmas iPod sales, the future of the Music Store, and a display of the future of Intel hardware. iBooks, iMacs, minis, iPods... Who can say for sure which line (or lines) gets the spotlight. If jobs does like normal, we'll get two expected line upgrades plus one kicker. All the rest will trickle down over the following weeks in a series of "special events" to keep the hype up as long as possible.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
i predict that Jobsey will say --

" We got some really cool stuff for you all today , and i think your going to love them "

o and

" Just one more thing... "

:rolleyes:

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
Yay! Another Steve performance to look forward too. hehe I feel this is going to be a one BIG keynote...intel, leopard and maybe something iPody. :)

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Steve Jobs will take center stage to introduce the Mac mini with FR 2.0, updated shuffles, iLife '06 HD, iWork '06 with Numbers, and the one more thing... Intel PowerBooks, with flash-boot capability.

Hubba!

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
SiliconAddict said:
A better comparison to Sony wares would be the PCG-X505 IMHO that form factor, with a better keyboard layout, combined with an ULV Pentium M and OS X would be a KILLER iBook.
Agreed !!

december 1st and i'm already looking forward to steve's keynote :D

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
This is one of the most anticipated keynotes in ages, should be very exciting...

Shadow

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Some truly excellent products to be released:

- Intel based laptops hopefully.
- Of course, iLife 06 and iWorks.
- New Shuffle
- Demo of Leopard - its time, one year to go. Tiger has been out long enough and Apple should have something to show. There haven't been many rumours about which will be new - new Finder and resolution independent display - but that doesn't warrant a new OS version alone.
- at least one new consumer software and hardware to be unveiled.
- RDF reaches new heights.

Too soon -
- Apple branded phone
- digital camera
- Intel based desktops

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
BornAgainMac said:
I wish Apple would make the keynote a $2 download or free from iTunes.
good idea - but i wonder if they are the same servers ? itunes/apple.com's quicktime events

- Bluetooth Mighty Mouse
- Airport Express 2
- Proper Movies on iTunes Music Store

arrr such a long way off to find out :rolleyes: