Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve USB

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2015
Yes, it would be great if Apple could create magnetic connectors. But I think with Intel's Skylake processors, beginning next year, there will be wireless interfaces that allow peripherals to be connected without any wires or cables, so magnetic connectors may be unnecessary now.
Wireless charging is inefficient, 50% to 75% for the wireless part.

Achieving data rates like Thunderbolt (40Gb in 40Gb out)requires a very wide bandwidth, thus a very high frequency. The higher the frequency, the more line of sight is required, and the more materials block the signal (anything that heats up in a microwave blocks signals above microwave frequencies (2.4GHz). 5G WiFi relies on one or more reflections to go "thru" (actually around) walls.

T.Doyobi

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2013
I never said that at all. It's not enough no. I'm a professional photographer. But it's not designed for me.

You guys just DO NOT understand that it's NOT FOR YOU. It's for somebody that wants a small laptop that has a nice screen, a good battery and looks cool!

It's so dense to not understand that that is another persons priority.

I could definitely make use of it though, showing off my portfolio to potential clients. Looks the business, just like I purchased an iPad for when they came out. It was new and looked amazing. That kinda thing sells me more than you obviously can grasp.

Well professional just means earning a living from said thing. Not unlike a prostitute really.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.