Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mdriftmeyer

macrumors 68040
Feb 2, 2004
Pacific Northwest
Brain, heart, soul and guts of Apple gone.

Replaced by MBA charlatans and venal, money-obsessed scumbags.

Couldn't be further from the truth. Hell, the CEO is a Industrial Engineering graduate. You really should quit while you're behind.

P.S. To those whining about iOS and wondering all about the new Software Testing Initiatives is due to fellow NeXT/Apple alums who made iOS coming back to work there in more top positions.

Seanm87

macrumors 68020
Oct 10, 2014
Jobs was the balance that Ive needed. Often Steve had to reel him back in, but ever since Steve passed away, Johnny Ive got too powerful at apple. His words got too much weight. Its good now that he's gone and hopefully balance and rational thinking is restored at apple.

Source?

Jim Higgins

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2018
Jobs was the balance that Ive needed. Often Steve had to reel him back in, but ever since Steve passed away, Johnny Ive got too powerful at apple. His words got too much weight. Its good now that he's gone and hopefully balance and rational thinking is restored at apple.
Baloney. Tim Apple is a service company way more than design now.

Reactions: dysamoria

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Thanks for all you've done for us, Jony.
Agree, seems many are not able to put forth a balanced view of the man and his contributions as well as his shortcomings.

Thinner? Yes! Still thinner (and less battery and heat issues)? No!

Overall helped make Apple despite this and I wish him well.
[automerge]1574957748[/automerge]
Some wonderful designs came from Mr. Ive and some garbage designs too. I wish him well.

All I want is hardware that performs wonderfully and if it looks nice too, added bonus.

So going forward, function over form please :apple:.
Woah, we posted almost the same time. Thanks for mirroring my thoughts.

Reactions: kazmac

MRrainer

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2008
Zurich, Switzerland
I really believe the man on the right will return at some point.

That I consider to be highly unlikely.
Jobs immediately founded NeXT after he was ousted/fired from Apple - which laid the very foundation that macOS and iOS are still sitting on these days.
He also bought Pixar and these two companies taught him how to ride out a tough storm - both skills absolutely needed upon his return to Apple.

Forstall, after his ousting, co-produced a musical on Broadway...

His NDA and severance-contract probably forbids him from doing anything that even remotely competes with Apple - in exchange for a nice golden parachute.

Jobs took the people he thought he needed at NeXT with him - most likely key-persons.
I don't think Forstall took anybody with him.

oliversl

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
Now bring back the shadows and 3D objects in iOS! Wait a minute *checking iOS13* they are back!!!

Chytin

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2013
I really believe the man on the right will return at some point.

Yes, I fully agree. Scott Forstall is a youger version of Steve Jobs. He would be CEO of Apple someday but made some mistakes with Apple Maps and had to ditch skeuomorphic design with iOS 6. He showed he is a real character by not signing the apology letter from Tim Cook. I don't think Steve ever would do that. Steve never apologized for iPhone 4 antenna, he gave everyone a bumper case, fired the responsible person for the antenna design and the rest is history.
Tim Cook and Jeff Williams are great with Supplychain and spreadsheets. And giving interviews to anyone with a microphone and a camera. Apple is in need of a briliant guy like Scott. We all remember how Steve had to leave Apple and came back and made Apple the richest (tech) company ever. Someday, Scott Forstall...

Reactions: ssgbryan and Huck

smulji

macrumors 68030
Feb 21, 2011
I wonder what year the post Ive designs will start to emerge?
I think the iPhone 11 / 11 Pro, the 16" MBP & the new Mac Pro are the beginning of post-Ive designs.
[automerge]1574962606[/automerge]
Never, hopefully.

All his designs were about thinness and removing features.
I think what he / she means is when do we start seeing Apple designs that don't have Ive's influence all over them.

Stevie jobz 2.0

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2019
. We all remember how Steve had to leave Apple and came back and made Apple the richest (tech) company ever. Someday, Scott Forstall...

Weird how finance is the thing you think jobs should be remember for. Not innovation, success new products. Ground breaking technologies...

Do you like my new iphone ? It's ok, but I like AAPL share price better?

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
I think the 11 Pro Max was not designed by him which explains how it’s heavier with a beefy battery and that ugly lens on the behind. Function over form and I am glad he is gone and sane voices can be heard.

Reactions: dysamoria

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
You mean the way it is spelt and pronounced correctly in the English language... I'll help you

AL - U - MIN - IUM!!

not as our american brothers say it...

Al - OO - MIN - UM....

Not the first word of the English language they have decided to "change"...
The guy who discovered it begs to differ.

The origin of the two names may be attributable to element's discoverer, Sir Humphry Davy, Webster's Dictionary, or the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC).

In 1808, Sir Humphry Davy identified the existence of the metal in alum, which he at first named "alumium" and later "aluminum."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.