Journeyman (tv show)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by furcalchick, Oct 1, 2007.

1. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

i'm watching the show right now, and it's looking very good. it comes on right after heroes on nbc, so i think this show is going to stay on the air for a while, unlike the bionic woman bust.

i missed show #1 though, but it's pretty easy to follow along.

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Journeyman is a total rip-off of The Dead Zone. A man who travels in time, getting involved with the personal problems of strangers, not sure why or how to help them, but always doing so. A woman who loves him, has to cope with his magic power, and is usually but not always understanding about it. The lead characters look the same. And they each have a close friend who had a relationship with the same woman and works as a cop!

But am I complaining? No. I love The Dead Zone, so I like this shameless clone of it too! :)

3. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

Personally, I think this show is *exactly* like Quantum Leap, based on the pilot and few moments of epsiode 2 I saw... I can't believe more people don't bring this up; has Quantum Leap really been forgotten?

4. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

It's not exactly like Quantum Leap, in that show Sam (the main character) took over the body of somebody, usually the person he is supposed to help. In that way, Quantum Leap was and is 100 times better than Journeyman. I've watched the first 2 episodes of Journeyman, it's alright, but leaves a little to be desired.

5. runningman macrumors regular

I thought of quantum leap also when I watched the first episode. Though I also think quantum leap was far better. All I know is the show better pick it up and answer a few questions because people are going to get really tired of it fast. Though I did like the airplane scene in the last episode

6. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

Anyone notice the "New AT&T" logo on a building in one of his time jumps? I think he was in 1995.

7. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

I agree Quantum Leap was way better, but just the way he seems to be stuck jumping between his own life-time, the way he has no control over it, the way he seems to have a "guide" (his late-girlfriend), etc.

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, I'm glad you guys described the show, because I think you've saved me the trouble of wasting even an hour watching it.

9. nateDEEZY macrumors 6502a

Echk, I'd much prefer the black donnellys over journeyman, but that's really not saying much anyways. :rolleyes:

10. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Was it the new AT&T logo or the old one. The new one is a more 3D version which is sort of tilted down and has a larger soft spot.

/Still looks like the death star
    //All your phone are belong to us.

11. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

It was the newest one to date. It looked like an AT&T wireless store.

12. kerpow macrumors 6502

Gratuitous plugging of the iPhone. Infact I've spotted new Macs popping up in several TV shows this season. Someone in Heroes had a 24" iMac.

Anyway....yeah it is a Quantum Leap for another generation. Its watchable.

Did anyone realise that the lead actor is Tommy from Trainspotting? I didn't until someone else pointed it out.

"Begbie; a total psycho, but he's a mate, so what can you dooooooo?"

13. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

agreed.

i don't like nbc anyways

14. seany916 macrumors 6502

Bionic Woman

That sign is just about as bad as Bionic Woman. They had a scene using an iphone where they were holding it upside down.

15. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

I didn't expect much when i first watched it (purely because it was after heroes), but it is actually fairly good. They do need to start explaining a few things and making a story out of it soon, rather than just solving problems week to week.

16. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I tried 4 or 5 new shows this season. Two were good: Journeyman and Pushing Daisies.

17. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Could we know those others that you didn't like so we steer clear of them?

18. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Bionic woman, for one. I like superhero shows but I was very disappointed with this one. I'll be surprised if it stays on the air.

19. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Are you by any chance a comic book fan Doc?

20. furcalchick thread starter macrumors 68020

furcalchick

i watched the pilot of bionic woman and was disappointed, and didn't really watch it after that. journeyman is a much better show, but i don't think it will last too long, just things coming out of left field a bit too much (strike or no strike).

21. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

Even Chuck is better than Bionic Woman, which isn't saying much.

22. furcalchick thread starter macrumors 68020

furcalchick

journeyman cancelled

well, it's offical: journeyman is fininto

at least the last two shows will answer big questions, as it was written as a series ender. i think the strike and low ratings killed it. too bad, i liked it, despite it's flaws.

23. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Yes, a very good chance.

It's not clear IF we will see those last episodes. If they don't air them on TV, they should sell them through iTunes.

24. furcalchick thread starter macrumors 68020

furcalchick

nbc announced that at least the next one will air on monday, and the last one will probably air wednesday.

from hollywood reporter.

25. ::Lisa:: macrumors 6502a

::Lisa::

Hope you don't mine me butting in here. I'm from the UK and we have this here. I think we're on episode 5 which is on tonight. Not sure how far behind we are, last epi involved his son (trying not to give anything away here) I really like it.