June 3.0 Plus new iPhone to go with it??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wwe2008, Mar 17, 2009.

1. wwe2008 macrumors 6502

2. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

I'm very confident in predicting the OS 3.0 release will coincide with a new iPhone release...

3. lkeslinger macrumors member

I hope not because if Apple continues to release a new generation of iPhone EVERY YEAR, I love the iPhone so much that I'll end up buying the latest iPhone, and I'll be broke because I already used my upgrade for the iPhone 3G last year.

4. wwe2008 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, But we can guess that the 3rd generation WILL NOT have video as there was no word of it today! Plus no flash!!
    PS good pic (Ultimate Warrior!!)

5. musio macrumors 68020

musio

Apple have to save some goodies to announce ;)

where is the dam active standby screen!?

6. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

I predict that apple will have a conference and say when the new iPhone will be released - when this happens they will also confirm the release date of the new software. Please, Please can they hurry up! I need a new iPhone!

7. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

I am super excited about 3.0.......I want it on my 3G. Buying a new phone at the same time would be just that much better!!!:D:D:D:D

8. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

Yeah that would be great! I don't know why someone would by an iPhone now with all these cool things ahead!

9. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

That's actually ME, about 5 minutes after I sign into MacRumors!!!

10. lkeslinger macrumors member

Just curious but why would Apple release another iPhone so soon when everyone already used their upgrade for the iPhone 3G last year? With the economy already in the dumps, many people cannot afford shoving out money at full price for a new iPhone every year.

11. 03sho macrumors 6502a

This could be in the new iPhone that comes out. Just because it ain't in the 3.0 doesn't mean it aint gonna be in the next iPhone.

12. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

New customers who are currently with other carriers, plus there's many people who didn't use their upgrade eligibility on the 3g iPhone, anyhow, I'd imagine Apple and AT&T would do something similar with the current iPhone owners with subsidized pricing, locking into a new 2 year plan and possible data increase charges to go along with teethering..

13. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Same scenario as last year, I just hope we don't get the fallen server links, bad reception problems people had in the past.

14. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

Well not everybody needs to have the latest thing and upgrade their phones every time a new version comes out.

15. Goldielocks19 macrumors member

Goldielocks19

gosh i wish that was me, i HAVE to have the latest greatest...not sure why, its a compulsion! literally like i dont have control, it will sit on my mind til i lose my mind!!

lol guess there is worse addictions to have!

16. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Iam sure there will be new hardware, at the very least 32 gig I could see as a reality. Still will have to wait for the personal teleporter hardware.

17. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

I'm one of those that will be getting their first iPhone this July. I'm getting it no matter what, but it would be nice to have something that wasn't year-old technology when I buy it.

Can't wait until my stupid Alltel contract runs out. haha

18. SimpsonFan007 macrumors newbie

I'm in the same boat as Eric8199. My wife and I were going to get iPhones mid-April, but we're now waiting to see what happens this summer! Three more months with Sprint... That's not too bad... :)

19. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Of course there will be a new phone to go with it, and new features not shown today to support is as well.

20. wwe2008 thread starter macrumors 6502

I think it's been shown that electronic goods are defying the credit crunch??