Just a thought

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ry23, Aug 10, 2013.

1. ry23 macrumors member

Hey... So i was thinkin, now that in B5 there is the pull down available in notifications, there seems to be quite a bit of extra space surrounding the words. Do you think this extra space will be used for quick reply? And maybe they just haven't added the link, just the space the link will fit into? Just a thought?

Also... Is it just me or can you not share YouTube videos via message, Facebook, Twitter, etc.? Everytime I press share it just loads and doesn't take me to where I say..

Edit to the second half: I KNOW ITS A BETA! Just haven't seen it brought up

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Space? Remember, Jony Ive likes his spaces well used or to show simplicity where it can be shown.

I doubt anything will be added there, unless there is a new feature that needs that space.

The most beautiful things are those that do complex things by simply gestures, but go unnoticed when not needed.

3. theonekcrow macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

For the quick reply, I'm willing to bet that would become an iOS 8 feature to iPads only. For the iPhones, I really don't see the need of it, with the small screen real estate and the relatively quick jumps back and forth between apps, but that's just my opinion.

For the YouTube sharing, that has been a known issue with the app (assuming it's the app). The following thread would be a helpful place to check and see if any other apps you use often would be on there for issues too.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1619752

4. Nanasaki macrumors 6502

Nanasaki

Still, have quick reply is nice to way to save some hassles on iPhone as well. I hate jumping back and forth between apps, it is just so annoying.

5. theonekcrow macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

With the new multitasking in 7, it's not as annoying to me to jump back and forth. But with the way Apple thinks, they will think, for the layperson, the jump to the messages app is enough on that small of a screen... They have brought it to Mavericks, so the next logical step is the slightly smaller screen (the iPad) but not for the phone, as you would not be tempted to do many things at once on that small of a screen.

6. Nanasaki macrumors 6502

Nanasaki

Who knows, maybe they will have a bigger iPhone in place when iOS 8 ships. Bigger iPhone is all I want, but sadly, there is no bigger iPhone just yet.

When you used 4.7 inch or 5 inch phone, you just cannot go back to 4 inch screen anymore. There is a limit on how much you want to swipe back and forth and constantly zoom in and zoom out.

7. theonekcrow macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

That's is absolutely true. I'm willing to bet we will get those bigger size screens next year, if not on the 5S. However for now, I'm willing to label that feature an iOS 8 feature if it comes. There is just too much coming at once for it to make it now, unless it's a last minute/ 5S only add.